Crash or Bottom?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pabst, Aug 27, 2005.

I See The Index Markets.....

Poll closed Sep 1, 2005.
  1. Crashing 3% the next two weeks

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Bouncing back to last weeks highs

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  1. 1204 will probably be broken early this week and by friday we will not be back above it if oil holds or climbs. there has definitely been the beginnings of a sentiment shift in the last few weeks --- that was the signal of our highs for the time being.

sideline monies are not going into this market if oil keeps in a pre-parabolic price range.

looks like we may go back to the range area we were in when the london bombing news had hit --- 1190's to low 1200 levels.

#11     Aug 28, 2005
  2. Pabst, If that's the case, what are you going to do?
    Do you usually trade the first hour?
    How would you position yourself?
    cheers.

#12     Aug 28, 2005
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Unfortunately I may need to make a pot of coffee tonight and be ready to do something in the overnight.

#13     Aug 28, 2005
  4. good idea --- if you miss this move you may need later to sit down and have a bourbon! :D

#14     Aug 28, 2005
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I better stock up now. Mash prices may skyrocket on damage by Katrina.:)

#15     Aug 28, 2005
  6. good point --- that would be an expensive bourbon!

#16     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Pabst

Pabst

I'd like to get a sample 50 up in this poll.

#17     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Why?

I don't understand the usefulness of polls on short-term market direction, especially on SPX (other than perhaps as a sentiment indicator).

PS: My answer would be, "I don't know" where it'll be in 2 weeks.

#18     Aug 28, 2005
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Looking for sentiment. At inflections there's often a tell.

#19     Aug 28, 2005
  10. Sentiment overall in these board is pretty negative. Doesn't it suggest we should be skeptical and adopt a contrarian view when mood reaches extremes. Three weeks ago everything looked rosy after solid earnings and good economic data. Many people probably thought the market could have kept going higher until the end of the year.

#20     Aug 28, 2005