Crash or Bottom?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pabst, Aug 27, 2005.

I See The Index Markets.....

Poll closed Sep 1, 2005.
  1. Crashing 3% the next two weeks

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Bouncing back to last weeks highs

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  1. Pabst

Pabst

My work shows the 1549-1557 level in NDX and the 1204 area in SPX to be MAJOR inflection points. We could gap below here and the market's toast, OR we could put in a bottom Monday. Thoughts?

2. 3% in 2 weeks is not a crash. It's an "orderly retreat."

3. Choad

Choad

As has been mentioned, Katrina will probably spike gas when it slams N'awlins and the market will dump, at least for a day or two.

Or not... :confused:

Good trading to all.

4. Pabst

Pabst

LOL. It seems we're impervious to 10% stuff.:)

5. Arnie

Arnie

I have no idea, but I will bet we go up just because they is so much fear and sentiment is bearish. On the flip side I think we will see record earnings, again. All that cash gotta go somewhere. I also think the fed is close to done with rate increases. I doubt Greenspan wants to go out with a bang (housing/market crash).

6. doublea

doublea

I do not think we'll see a bottom till the second week of September. We might see some type of rally here if oil moves down but there will be another sell-off before the markert rallies.

For now I'll short any pullback.

7. I think i' d start to worry if we break below 1.203 on the S&P and below the 2.100 on the Composite, given that we couldn't break above these levels for months.

8. Pabst

Pabst

Exactly.

9. We are very close to those numbers right now and we should see some buyers coming in trying to support the market: opening long positions with very tight stops might not be such a bad idea.

10. Pabst

Pabst

I think there's a 50% chance that we gap hard below these levels to-morrow.

#10     Aug 28, 2005