Crash of 2005

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SkinnyV, Nov 7, 2005.

1. May I ask what your source is on this prediction?

thank you in advance.

#11     Nov 8, 2005
  2. Nicely said. I agree.

#12     Nov 8, 2005
  3. Its just the usual the dow is down 50 so make a bearish post.

#13     Nov 8, 2005
  4. and it worked like a charm...

(anyone else notice this?)

#14     Nov 8, 2005
  5. This market isnt going to have a significant down day until jan afer bonuses have been paid.

#15     Nov 8, 2005
  6. where did this thread come from today, it was so random and pulled out of thin air.

Smoke weed?

#16     Nov 8, 2005
  7. SkinnyV

SkinnyV

Areyoukidding,

This will be my only response to your posts. First, I posted this last night @ midnight. I'm not discussing todays market.

Secondly, your posts remind me of my 5 year old son when he interrupts an adult conversation. Now please run along and play somewhere else.

#17     Nov 8, 2005

8. You are the king of exactly those type of posts (although usually you feel the need to start a whole new thread about it).

P.S.--I just finished reading another thread in which you made a post that actually made sense and made a valid point (unbelievable though it may seem).
    Congratulations, you're now 1 for 1541.

#18     Nov 8, 2005
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

Opinions are detrimental to your financial well being.....:D

#19     Nov 8, 2005
  10. dac8555

dac8555

Crash is relative. I do believe that Real estate related stocks will crash (meaning drop more than 50% from their highs) in 2006. As well, the inductries that are directly tied to real estate will be hurt badly (contruction supplies, equipment, RE retailers, home improvement, mortgages) I also believe the record incomes from oil companies will have a significant retracement. In addition, many of the large banks and brokers (like GS) after paying out record bonuses probably cant sustain such performance on a short term basis. I will add government contractors and hig end retailers (after christmas) to the list as well. But, keep in mind, much of the outflows from these industries may result in flow into others which have been out of favor the past 5 years... OVerall, i have to agree a bit that i am bearish on 2006. 80 of my portafolio is short...guess which industry.

#20     Nov 8, 2005