Crash: in Detroit what kinda house can I get for 299k?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Aug 15, 2011.

1. I would never live in a city that has lost a fifth -- if not more -- of its population in the last decade. Even my home Kazakhstan hasn't done that :)

#41     Aug 16, 2011
  2. All Detroit Public Schools students will receive free breakfast, lunch and snacks in an effort to remove the stigma of being from a low-income family.

http://www.freep.com/article/201108...roit-schoolchildren-fall?odyssey=mod|mostview

------------------------

Yeah, uh huh, see...a free lunch.

"What'd you learn in school today and everyday?"

Lunch is free for everyone. Yea, food fight...:D

(you mean we couldn't ask anyone to empty the waste basket or sweep the floor in return for a free lunch?")

#42     Aug 16, 2011
  3. rofl, what the fuck are you talking about?

#43     Aug 17, 2011
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Obviously you never have lived or explored Detroit. Do you know Palmer Park? Golf Club Sub? Any of the Grosse Pointe's? Indian Village?

Ohh, I thought not .....

No, I don't live there but have in the past and know the reality of today.

THINK before post; otherwise you make an ass of yourself.

#44     Aug 17, 2011
  5. Checked out the neighborhoods you listed and they're beautiful. Why is the house cited in the opening of this thread so cheap then?

#45     Aug 17, 2011
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem

You should have OCP send in ED209

[​IMG]

http://youtu.be/DCt9Vszkq38

#46     Aug 17, 2011
  7. Roark

Roark

On that basis, so is Zimbabwae. Who cares if people have to eat rats to survive?

#47     Aug 17, 2011
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish

Get one of those house movers off Mega Moves and take it somewhere decent, almost worth dismantling it brick by brick

#48     Aug 17, 2011
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Most likely due to the economy; demise of auto industry, supply of houses much greater than demand.

#49     Aug 17, 2011
  10. detroit native checking-in. work downtown and live in Rochester hills.(burb)

come at me bros.

#50     Aug 17, 2011