Crash: in Detroit what kinda house can I get for 299k?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Aug 15, 2011.

1. any place can turn like this in no time, now, that riots becoming popular way of communication.

i bet property will not be popular investment 10 years from now.

:D :D

problem is.... if rioters are treated well in eu, will US be able to use 'just kill em all' ?

if they use it will drop on the bottom of the world scale by any measure. i thinkl thats why they try to impose harder mesures for eu. see how we go.

#11     Aug 15, 2011
  2. What gets me is, Obamacare bean counters say I take an economic risk by not having health insurance and as a result of unforseen illness, yada, yada, everyone else has to pay for my recovery.

What about the personal economic risk of getting shot with or without health care? Where's the personal responsibility? The arguement is whack, imo, or I'm clueless.

#12     Aug 15, 2011
  3. Urban renewal...:D is/will be based on one factor. Schools. No one is going to live anywhere downtown in anytown without a safe school system.

#13     Aug 15, 2011

4. In addition to the above, a new dynamic is coming to the fore.

The troublemakers once stayed in their own neighborhoods. Now they come down to the most expensive area in Chicago, and act threatening.

Just read that the same thing is now happening in Kansas City - which I know very well. Even "The Plaza" is now seeing these troublemakers perpetrate weekend shootings.

In Detroit, the few remaining islands of calm can now be easily overrun by the thugs.........

#14     Aug 15, 2011
  5. #15     Aug 15, 2011
  6. bidask

bidask

if u live in one of these mansions, will u be robbed for sure?

#16     Aug 15, 2011
  7. It seems the thugs are now asking themselves, "If I'm gonna rob somebody, why not a rich guy, instead of someone poor?"

I don't know why that shift didn't take place years ago.

Anyway, of course it's not "for sure" that you would be robbed in one of these mansions - but, for me, there's too many windows at ground level..........

#17     Aug 15, 2011
  8. Here is the crime map of the area in the 2 mile radius around this property. 428 crimes in the last 45 days. Quite amazing! Vandalism, assault, robbery, and motor vehicle theft appear to be most common.

Luckily, there is a river in that 2 mi radius. Otherwise, the crime rate would be about twice higher. And that's the "best" neighborhood in Detroit? Ha ha. What's the worst?

[​IMG]

#18     Aug 15, 2011
  9. TGregg

TGregg

`Cuz the people that live there like it. They can tell Whitey to stick it up his pasty white @$$, that they do not care how terrible it gets, it's all about Black Pride and Black Power.

Emperor Young reigned over a major segment of the collapse of Detroit. Not only was he continually reelected, but the man is a virtual God amongst the locals. Oh sure, the locals would like to have bags of money and riches galore, but they wouldn't trade their sovereignty for it. Living in Detroit, one does not need to feel shame at not ever holding a job, being functionally illiterate (50% of the adult population), being poor, living on government handouts. No one will challenge the groupthink that White people are responsible for all the bad things.

To them, Detroit is a success story.

#19     Aug 15, 2011
  10. Never thought about it that way and you're probably right. Makes sense.

#20     Aug 15, 2011