Crash 40% Down, In Two Weeks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Digs, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Chood

Chood

I'm surprised that the comparative graph you've posted hasn't prompted a more serious colloquy. I suppose it could be because there's been a lot of Chicken Little threads on this board. But what you've posted is uncanny if accurate. Did you verify the accuracy of the overlays?

Maybe the pros on ET already are so familiar with what your post shows that they don't consider it worthy of comment. Upon a bit more research on my part, it could make me reconsider my view that the sheep shearing is still some time off.

#21     Jun 10, 2007
  2. #22     Jun 10, 2007
  3. 07.15.07 8:30am USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks :p

Well that's 1 of ? triggers for next week.

The 15th....damn!

#23     Jun 10, 2007
  4. mr. irrational exuberance does too.

#24     Jun 10, 2007
  5. lol Double damn:p :p

#25     Jun 10, 2007
  6. FT Short View: Dow 6,500

I remember this guy on CNBC while another guy was calling his prediction ludicrous.

ET'ers have cited 30 of the past 2 crashes.

#26     Jun 10, 2007
  7. Chood

Chood

How about the chart the OP posted? Had I the wherewithal, I suppose I could test equity indices for pattern recognition and possibly identify other coincidental frames, diminishing the significance of the OP's overlays. But I'm not certain of that -- far from it.

The OP's finding appears uncanny. Plus you have PIMCO's boss (no slouch he) saying he's bearish on bonds for the first time in how long (since 1982, right? another coincidence?).

#27     Jun 10, 2007
  8. tudor used the price pattern to prepare for the '87 crash. Its in market wizards.

#28     Jun 10, 2007

9. in an extremely rare, surpressed video, PTJ shows the actual charts he used to nail the crash, comparing 29 to 87.

surf

#29     Jun 10, 2007
  10. Digs

Digs

..."The OP's finding appears uncanny. Plus you have PIMCO's boss (no slouch he) saying he's bearish on bonds for the first time in how long (since 1982, right? another coincidence?)."...

.."(no slouch he)"... : I disagree, Bil Gross has made huge calls and been wrong. One was the INDU to 6000.

With his most recent call, he was really talking up his own position. I am not saying he's wrong. But his batting average is no better than any others.

#30     Jun 10, 2007