Crap and Hardrightedge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by patefern, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Couple of days ago I read how the crap was going to be cut out and thought it wasn't a bad idea. The crap drives away the posters who have ideas to exchange.

Two years ago I started reading this board because Alan Farley had a link on his website. This morning I read his "things he hates about Wall Street" and one was what he called "board slugs" and how they destroy rational communication, and that the anonymity cripples the boards.

I don't know if Alan visits here, I think he does, or did, and the crap was probably the reason he removed the link from his website.

I am totally against censorship, however moderators should remove the useless and negative pettiness.

2. For all its warts and bruises Elite is still a unique resource. I refer traders here all the time, especially when they have serious questions that need to be answered.

As for why the link isn't there, I'll be damned if I can remember where it was or why it was pulled. Maybe Barron and I were having a food fight or something. That comment was inspired by this place and the Yahoo board. An anonymous environment requires a lot of self-policing. There's very little moderators can do about a lack of basic manners and mutual respect.

3. Count on it!

4. "As for why the link isn't there, I'll be damned if I can remember where it was or why it was pulled."

Morning Trader, 7 bells, left side under heading for boards.

PS: The one sentence market comment has always been good.

5. Alan, you´re reading this?

Thank you for your book & your "Predator or Prey?" article. I removed the Bible from my bookshelf in order to have enough space for your brilliant work.

And regarding the article:
    it strongly inspired my diploma thesis one year ago and helped me get my career in institutional trading started

:)

6. :eek: :confused: :(

Hopefully you put your Bible somewhere within easy reach, but that is a thought for another thread isn't it?

7. good commentary, also his article mentioned:

White guys in suits....
    Death spikes -- 20 point futures moves...
    Board slugs ----

huh, we all qualify for that....