Crames says someone tipped off discount rate cut....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Actually, an example of "good" illegal inside information is when Congress knows and it benefits staff and members of congress who trade and profit. Bad illegal inside info is Martha Stuart.

#11     Aug 17, 2007

2. Key individuals on the floor had the news yesterday.

Standard procedure to leak to the locals before major news is announced.

#12     Aug 17, 2007
  3. How would you explain the bloodshed in the futures market before the news came out?

#13     Aug 17, 2007
  4. lassic

lassic

before cramer became "cramer" he relied on inside info to trade.
    now he's "cramer"
    he gets offended if no one feeds him inside stuff.

#14     Aug 17, 2007

5. If you know the Fed govt. will be providing news to support the markets, do you:

a) Buy multiple 10,000 contract lots at the offer?

b) Sell 10,000 Contract lots at the Bid?

The answer is .......

#15     Aug 17, 2007
  6. but asia sold off hard AFTER the thursday pm rally.

I don't see how that can be true if there was a leak.

#16     Aug 17, 2007
  7. There was a leak.

I know that for a fact because I was informed of the news and announced it in a private chat room.

Now as for asia selling off?

Those who were using cheap JPY to leverage higher returns in the Asian markets had to sell the equities to buy back the JPY. The currency is moving against them, why take a loss when it's better to sell the equity highs and pocket the profit.

Also several large japanese houses sold their equity positions because a higher JPY will hurt their export oriented corporations. Again, taking profits and making the cash register ring.

#17     Aug 17, 2007
  8. Perhaps you should take a few steps back and review the situation from the perspective of an institution/large investor. Good questions/items to consider:

1) How long will it take to reduce size in this market?

2) How long will it take to allocate the fresh capital to new positions?

3) How do I accomplish the above without hurting myself?

4) Does today's action in the US equity markets mark a shift in the trend (if there is one)?

:D

#18     Aug 17, 2007
  9. DonKee

DonKee

Yea, it's going to be "too bad" when the telephone is invented and people don't need to be in the same room at the same time for a conference. That will really "screw" up the leaky janitor source.

#19     Aug 17, 2007
  10. You know, I'm half joking starting this thread, but how the hell does this happen. If I knew about it, I'd be scared shitless. But somebody thought it was a good idea to leak it and create a melt up.

Let me rephrase. It was a good idea to get long and enjoy the meltup if you're of that bent. But leaking a Fed decision like this is insane. The whole thing is just insane.

I think I need to be a Knight in England.

#20     Aug 17, 2007