Cramer's Winners of the New World

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ipatent, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ipatent

ipatent

2/29/2000

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/891820.html

<blockquote>OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX Quote), Ariba (ARBA Quote), Digital Island (ISLD Quote), Exodus (EXDS Quote), InfoSpace.com (INSP Quote), Inktomi (INKT Quote), Mercury Interactive (MERQ Quote), Sonera (SNRA Quote), VeriSign (VRSN Quote) and Veritas Software (VRTS Quote). </blockquote>

LOLOLOL

<blockquote>A-ha, that just leaves us with tech. That's why we keep coming back to it. That's why, despite the 80% increase in the Nasdaq last year, we are looking at another record year now. It is by that process of elimination that I have picked my top 10. And my next 10 and my next 10 after. Only those companies are worth owning. The rest?

You can have them.</blockquote>

Keep this in mind when Cramer touts "the new bull market of the century."

2. Cramer has been wrong 1000 times and right 1000 times. This is what happens when you pick stocks on a daily basis.

Prediction - You are one of the those people who hate Cramer but continue to tune in every day to see what he has to say.

3. http://www.creditbubblestocks.com/2007/04/james-j-cramer-mad-money-indeed.html

Tuesday, April 3, 2007
    James J. Cramer: Mad Money, Indeed

People always ask me what I think of Jim Cramer and his show "Mad Money" on CNBC.

The best perspective I can give is a speech, "The Winners of the New World," that he gave on February 29, 2000.

"You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now. OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions, Ariba, Digital Island, Exodus, InfoSpace.com, Inktomi, Mercury Interactive, Sonera, VeriSign, and Veritas Software."

Cramer goes on to say:

"...you have to throw out all of the matrices and formulas and texts that existed before the Web. You have to throw them away because they can't make money for you anymore, and that is all that matters. We don't use price-to-earnings multiples anymore at Cramer Berkowitz. If we talk about price-to-book, we have already gone astray."

There he is on record, seven years ago, saying that profitable business models and earnings don't matter.

"So, if you can't own the retailers, and you can't own transports, and you can't own banks and brokers and financials and you can't own commodity makers and you can't own the newspapers, and you can't own the machinery stocks, what can you own? A-ha, that just leaves us with tech. That's why we keep coming back to it. That's why, despite the 80% increase in the Nasdaq last year, we are looking at another record year now."

And how did his top 10 stocks perform?
    Only a few are still in business.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]