Cramer's Track Record: No Better Than Coin Flip

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 1, 2005.

1. KevinK

KevinK Guest

That's not that bad considering all the BS restrictions he has, I/E he can't short stocks, he has a 30 day rule, and he cannot enter a trade on a stock mentioned within the last 5 days.

#11     Jul 2, 2005
  2. cmk

cmk

On the other side of things, some of his picks this has helped him, the price has gone down in the 5 days while he was waiting. If people followed his trades exactly they would have experienced -40+% on his symbol tech trade that he was sure was going to be the leader in RFID, well that never happened now did it.

As I have said before, he has had an admirable life (his goldman and hedge days) but as of late he has fallen off the wagon. His latest book does not talk about anything that a human being would not know, his show is embarrassing to watch, and his subscription service has similar returns as the famous monkey tossing darts at the M&I pages of the WSJ.

#12     Jul 2, 2005
  3. KevinK

KevinK Guest

That's true, but his returns do beat all the indices.

#13     Jul 2, 2005
  4. Let's see, Cramer did what as a hedge fund manager? Something like an annualized 24% compounded return over 14 years managing up to 300 million. That's puts him in a select class and near the long term returns of Buffett and Soros. I think all the Cramer bashers must be broke because successful traders respect other successful traders.

#14     Jul 2, 2005
  5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

This is a very tough market to make money, lets remember, and the 30 day rule is brutal, especially for his style. I just think that he isn't as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

#15     Jul 2, 2005
  6. liulala

liulala

Cramer is a very good at pick big winners!!

SHLD UNH ECA URBN ... ALL UP BIG!

#16     Jul 2, 2005
  7. KevinK

KevinK Guest

and the new one he is truly ADVOCATING is XEC, I actually own some because it's 7% of his portfolio and IMHO I think if the stock is down enough he will pump it:D

#17     Jul 2, 2005