Cramer's Scoreboard on Mad Money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DallasCowboysFan, Jun 18, 2019.

1. When Cramer broadcasts Mad Money, he displays a scoreboard on the back wall.
    It has a picture of a bull and bear, as well as the current date.
    Today it said 6-18 for the date and below that it was 3 - 0.

The date changes every day. That is obvious.

But, I have never been able to figure out what the random numbers represent. I was told it was sports scores, but there are many days when it is 35 -20 or 41-6........that don't correlate with a baseball score or football. .......I think Cramer is from Philadelphia.

I thought it might be the ratio of stocks going up and down on the S&P, but nope...no correlation.

I Twittered Cramer and CNBC, but did not get a reply.

What does it represent?
    I am beginning to think it might be easier to find Fenn's treasure chest buried in the Rockies than figure this out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/mil...-treasure-in-the-rockies-and-left-a-clue.html

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I took a tour of CNBC's studio. The highlight of the tour is the Mad Money set (which btw is tiny).

The person giving us the tour (one of the producers) said that all the knick knacks are set up by the producers. My guess is that the scores are random - and designed to create a feeling that investing is a sport.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.

3. CNBC offers tours?
    It sounds like fun.

I never heard it suggested that Cramer referred to investing as a sport, but I see it now.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It was through a connection.

The biggest issue I have with Cramer and the Fast Money guys is that they make investing look like a game of craps. I would bet a lot of people have lost money listening to these bozos on tv. Most get what they deserve; but still some responsibility lay on the shows that propagate this way of thinking

5. I don't think people should hang onto every word he says like it is infallible.
    I think the best resource he provides to viewers is the opportunity to consider alternatives that exist beyond FAANG. It's up to each individual to do their own research. I am still amazed at how broad his knowledge is when he speaks to viewers on tv. He seems to know about every company listed with the SEC. I thought that his staff screened the calls and gave him information about each company, but I chatted with someone online and they said it was spontaneous.

Whatever happened to BOOYAH ! Did that get worn out and used up ?

6. Overnight

Overnight

It is just funny banter. It is entertainment. The guy may have been a great trader back in the day, but now he's on TV, "teaching" Sound familiar?

Take it for what it is worth. That is why he is my avatar pic. Scream at the markets, because they deserve screaming at!

But the guy is now a clown, with an occasional nugget.

7. I can tell you that Jim Cramer called the 2008 colapse and saved alot of folks alot of money. Chart the Market and put a line on the date he said they know nothing. I can tell you that I crunch data for a living and apply it to stocks for fun, every so often I create a simulated balanced portfolio of Jim's recommended list 1s from his club and it consistently outperforms the Market. In short yeah how dare he share stock info that helps while entertaining folks on his show. Not sure if it's his popularity, willingness to play with an open hand or high energy level but seriously so annoying how often he gets dinged for no logical reason.

8. tango29

tango29

I'd be interested to see your stats for him. In all my years watching on CNBC I witnessed any number of times he made a call that went bad pretty quickly and he'd be on the next week claiming he made the opposite call of what he actually said. For awhile I started paying attention to his calls and my experience was he was a pretty big flip flopper on his calls. I did give him credit for his buy on Amazon when it was back in the 1600's, but that wasn't really a tough call. I can also say he has been an AMD fan for quite awhile so he does get a plus for that also.