Cramer's Mad Money Calls

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Oz435, Nov 26, 2006.

1. gaj

gaj

makloda - he got the 'total' performance above the s&p? it was lagging it previously...

thanks for posting the current numbers - my reports i've posted on other threads were months old. but that doesn't stop people from posting on here that he's a great investor.

oh well. i just wish his show would move the stocks again in after hours like it did a year+ ago, so i could fade them.

#21     Nov 27, 2006
  2. gaj

gaj

mak - do you have TSCM access to the portfolio? the reason i ask...

pre 1/2002, cramer had an action alerts portfolio. i remember it being 'reset' a few months after 9/11, and my memory says it was because his performance was so terrible. (see note at end)

of course, this is similar to when he was "100% invested" and then when the market dropped more, he put more cash in the portfolio and claimed that if he was at the hedge fund, he could have gone back to his investors for more money. of course, those people who follow him / pay for money don't have that option - if they're 100% invested, they don't HAVE more cash for stocks.

ok, i've found what i was looking for:
    http://www.thestreet.com/p/rmoney/actionalert/10002698.html

<i>Editor's note: In order to show you exactly what stocks Cramer is buying and selling, we've made some changes to the Action Alert system. From now on, Jim Cramer's personal portfolio will be the only portfolio you need to keep an eye on. The existing Action Alert portfolio is going away, and the new Action Alert portfolio will reflect the exact portfolio and the exact numbers of shares that Cramer himself owns. This portfolio is updated every weekday morning on RealMoney.com</I>

and THAT portfolio? -16%, down 23000.

#22     Nov 27, 2006
  3. What's wrong with a little fresh meat?

#23     Nov 27, 2006
  4. Yup I do have access. The numbers I posted above are from yesterday.

I am not sure what they changed in the portfolio system or their internal "accounting rules" but the performance in itself looks horrible already. If these are beautified numbers then it's even worse.

One thing I notice is he always sells off positions that are in the red. And very quickly so. While that might be a smart trading principle at times it just looks they don't wanna show all red numbers in the portfolio because it just looks bad.

So instead Cramer buys some random stock, if it takes a 8% dump he quickly sells it and picks the next random name. And so on and so forth. And voila, you have all green positions in your portfolio.

I am not even sure what they charge for this Action Alerts Plus service per year, I think its like 300 annually or something. At any price, it's a complete ripoff. Any monkey can pick equally good or bad stocks.

#24     Nov 27, 2006