Cramer's letter (June 23rd)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Longhorns, Jun 23, 2006.

1. gaj

gaj

there's a book from the mid 1970s - confessions of a stockbroker by brutus. it's written as a regular book, dealing with clients calling in, pitching, etc.

and i'm 99% sure what i'm referencing here is from that book.

anyhow, in the early/mid 1970s there was a newsletter writer. he had been bullish, been right, and turned hugely bearish. basically, he nailed things nearly perfectly.

and the newsletter started to get loss of subscriptions.

why? people don't want to hear bad news - they always want the most optimistic stuff. so cramer's "looking for a bull market" is good...(and there are still lots o 'people who think shorting is un-american, unpatriotic, etc. )

#11     Jun 27, 2006
  2. Most people, even today think Shorting a company is Satans work.

People are F'n stupid. I can understand an IPO, but after a company has traded for a while it's fair game.

Either produce profits or die, just like the animal kingdom.

Guess what the Young male lions do to the Old lions?

#12     Jun 27, 2006
  3. amtrak

amtrak

Selling short on a future is just like turning the monitor upside-down and going long.

But shorting a stock is just a little different.
    Not unpatriotic or anything,
    and certainly not unprofitable when warranted,
    but I think there's a different character to it.

All I'm getting at is that fear sends things down
    quicker than greed sends them up,
    and then there's all the employees at the company
    who're busting their humps to get the stock price up,
    and all the perma-bulls like that idiot Cramer.

I think a short stock play is quicker and more delicate than a long play.

But Cramer's still a raving looney.

#13     Jun 27, 2006
  4. If anything, the ability to short a stock simply allows a clearer expression of the supply/demand balance.

Shaking stubborn bulls out of thier positions is just as helpful to the expedient discounting mechanism of the market(s) as going long and creating a short squeeze.

#14     Jun 27, 2006
  5. Heh, yet it's OK to recommend loading up on a stock the night before its earnings call (e.g. DKS).

#15     Jun 28, 2006
  6. my 2c. people who just blindly follow other people's advises and expect to make millions deserve to lose everything. don't blame other for your own stupidity.

#16     Jun 28, 2006
  7. Thankx to people like J.Cramer, with the help of them we can get in to short positon, :D

A.T.

#17     Jun 28, 2006
  8. This blows my friggin mind. Cramer does this several times a week.

He did it for Dicks Sporting goods and got slaughtered. This is GAMBLING. If the stock really does have good earnings then buy it after it trades for a few hours or the following day.

Playing earnings is farking dangerous to so-called Investors who are at work and most have NO clue as to what their stock is doing.

I am very conservative, I do not consider stock trading Gambling. I make very good money trading.

I suck at gambling.

Cramer is a farking tool.

#18     Jun 28, 2006
  9. cstu

cstu

Can someone please psot what his performance record is this year and also the record of the other pay for portfolio services on TSCM?

#19     Jun 28, 2006
  10. His overall performance doesn't mean crap anyways.

He talks about 100 stocks a friggin day. About 50 in his Lightening round alone.

You can't trade every friggin stock. It's strictly pick and choose.

He screens all his friggin calls, only talks about the Winners except when he makes a really bad call about a stock he has Hyped several times.

Cramer sucks, end of story.

#20     Jun 28, 2006