Cramer's Fast and Furious

Discussion in 'Trading' started by moo, Jan 3, 2005.

1. The only thing wrong with all the Cramer knocking, is , he does get it right often enough , and few will be honest about that.

If there's someone around here that's so much better (many it appears) then I suggest starting you own Sheet, and prospering as Mr. Cramer is doing. No one pays a dime for your slams.

#21     Jan 8, 2005
  2. mhashe

mhashe

A monkey throwing darts randomly at the tech sector would have done as well 5 years ago. Kramer is a loud mouth idiot of the first degree.

#22     Jan 8, 2005
  3. cramer cant trade any better than joe blow off the street. since he started his action alert thing he has lagged the s&p badly. last year he was up something like 5% according to numbers i have seen.

#23     Jan 8, 2005
  4. yenzen

yenzen

oooohhh, tough word from Cramer's apprentice. Did he employ you to make the crappy stock pick?

Lets see. How to beat Cramer. Always be long. Always buy hottest stocks. Forget about the 2 year period where everything crashed and burned.

Mr. Zen

#24     Jan 8, 2005
  5. moo

moo

When has he been right? I must have missed those excellent calls even though I've watched him a long time. But if there are any, please tell us.

And what is "enough"? Such a perma-bull as Cramer should be right at least 50% of the time, since most of the time markets are rising.

Honestly, I think Cramer is an exceptionally bad trader, at least in the short term. But he is valuable, just not literally, but as an CONTRARIAN signal.

Hysterical is the best word I can think of. Reminds me of Beavis in too-much-sugar mode... :D

Most of us have no interest in entering the promotion or tipping businesses. We are just glad trading.

But what is important is that there is some check on what all these so-called gurus are talking. I think all such services as Realmoney should have discussion boards where even critical comments are tolerated. That Realmoney DOES NOT HAVE any such board tells a lot about it (and especially about it's main owner, Cramer).

#25     Jan 8, 2005
  6. lmao cramer's only loves you when you gone straight up forever. he's the biggest whoore ever

#26     Jan 8, 2005
  7. It will get delisted to the OTC BB and have the symbol SHITE

#27     Jan 8, 2005
  8. Cramer should come on here and bask in all the love.

Honestly, I have learned a lot from reading him over the years, plus he is useful as a summary of the consensus Wall Street thinking.

I think we are all aware that he didn't make his hedge fund numbers doing the kind of swing to longer term trading he is touting now. His picks are not ridiculous, they just haven't been market beaters. He has had some nice calls though, such as KMRT.

RealMoney did have forums for a while in the era of the Red Hots. I guess they died off with the bubble market.

Cramer aside, I think the idea for a Fast and Furious ETF makes sense. The problem is it would have to be reconstituted every six months or so, but personally I would like having something like it to trade.

#28     Jan 8, 2005
  9. Do you think maybe his KMRT call was offset by huge losses in NT, CHTR,CMLS,JDSU,LU,

#29     Jan 8, 2005
  10. No doubt. I'm not advocating anyone follow him blindly. The problem I have with him is he takes a position based on his opinion, like with CHTR or one you didn't mention, IACI, then rides it down, loudly proclaiming how right he is all the way.

As often as he brags abnout what a great trader he is, he continues to prove that he has poor risk control. In a sense he is the personification of why it is a good idea to have a partner when you're managing money. You can fool yourself a lot easier than you can a aprtner whose neck is also on the line and who is not emotionally attached to your picks.

#30     Jan 8, 2005