Cramer's Fast and Furious

Discussion in 'Trading' started by moo, Jan 3, 2005.

1. I would too, on the opening day, short it and cover 4-6 months later.

#11     Jan 4, 2005
  2. I know what the symbol should be.

BOOYA

#12     Jan 5, 2005
  3. OMG, that's brilliant! :D Just note the hubris in his writing, feels good to know he must've got his ass handed to him with those positions. Anyone know what the performance of his hedge fund was in 2000?

#13     Jan 5, 2005
  4. Now he is a promoter. Its interesting that he brags of 18% returns from the low of 87 to the raging bull mkt of the 90s then got out before it could hurt his returns.

#14     Jan 5, 2005
  5. moo

moo

Agree that it is healthy to be very skeptical of Cramer, but isn't it interesting that nobody here wants to say he is bullish on those stocks? Are we all a bunch of skeptics??

Anyway it seems we don't have to wait long to prove his call. The F&F portfolio just continues to sink, and is soon down almost 10%.

And now, after a "perfect" employment number he's repeating the call!

"I know what you're thinking: Who wants to join a club that's letting you in so easily, as this bull club is this morning? Who wants to come in now that it isn't ramped up?

How about me?

We are getting a chance to put money to work at levels that aren't inflated while we are oversold and the downside has been pretty much identified. I think that the highfliers are the place to be, the Fast and the Furious."

#15     Jan 7, 2005
  6. Tauvros

Tauvros

FADE would be a fitting symbol for his ETF

#16     Jan 7, 2005
  7. dbs119

dbs119

I am sorry but it appears to me that to read cramers article about the ETF's ,one needs to have a subscription to his website..
    I do not plan on subscribing to him though :))
    As for his hedge fund..He left it in late 2000..
    And the article about "The Winners of the New World" is so funny. I once listened to his radio and he said that he was advising people to sell their positions in the height of the buble in 2000. And had they listened to him, he would have saved americans billions of dollars :))) Ain't he funny?
    I also rememebr that rare day when i watched his show K&C in june or july when he was talking about RHAT= red hot...
    And later RHAT fell down significantly...

#17     Jan 7, 2005
  8. After the close, ol' JJC says:

"Further, we are oversold and the market's skepticism is building. It sure would be nice to see a drop in the number of bulls on the Investors Intelligence surveys. We won't get those results until Wednesday, though, and I remain convinced that we have seen the lows for this selloff and that next week will bring higher prices.

Today was a day where at one point, the market truly looked like it was going to roll downward but caught itself. We saw that down-50 level on the Dow attract real interest and shake off a lot of sellers. I am betting that we won't see that level again for awhile, but if we do, we should treat it as a gift to be able to buy stocks at prices that shouldn't be had ahead of what could be fantastic earnings."

Calling the bottom here? Careful what you wish for? Is JJC also BudFoxx?! Inquiring minds wanna know...

#18     Jan 7, 2005
  9. yenzen

yenzen

the one trick pony Cramer. Good thing he not on this board, he'd be flaming all of us. Like a 50 year old man who need his daily dose of ritalin and tranquilizers. Goofball extraordinaire.

I hope someone update weekly the Cramer high flier junk ETF for all us to see. Anyone see repeat of 2001-02 coming for the king of hype and hyperbole???

Mr. Zen

#19     Jan 7, 2005
  10. Ditch

Ditch

roflmao

#20     Jan 7, 2005