Cramer's documented history of portfolio destruction

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Does anyone have the link to his infamous "10 Internet stocks you must own for the rest of your life" article dated back in 1999/2000? I've heard all the stocks mentioned have gone either bankrupt or trading in pennies.

2. dpt

dpt

3. Genius. This pretty much sums up what's wrong with this guy. :D

"We buy them every day, particularly if they are down, which, no surprise given what they do, is very rare. And we will keep doing so until this period is over -- and it is very far from ending."

4. WOW :eek: :eek:

Can you say -90% return on your money. This attached chart pretty much sums it up. That grocery list of his is pretty close to the top. At that point, the Nasdaq had pulled back, but it turned out to be merely one or two waves of several more still to come.

5. S2007S

S2007S

OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX:Nasdaq - news), Ariba (ARBA:Nasdaq - news), Digital Island (ISLD:Nasdaq - news), Exodus (EXDS:Nasdaq - news), InfoSpace.com (INSP:Nasdaq - news), Inktomi (INKT:Nasdaq - news), Mercury Interactive (MERQ:Nasdaq - news), Sonera (SNRA:Nasdaq - news), VeriSign (VRSN:Nasdaq - news) and Veritas Software (VRTS:Nasdaq - news).

HAHAHA, I see this posted about 3-4 times a year on different forums and everytime I do I look back think what was this guy thinking. Didnt he know better hyping up these stocks back in 2000. Most of these stocks are worthless now.

6. Oh man - I could write a book of experiences on that list, but one in particular that stands out is ISLD, Digital Island. I missed that one :-( but a friend of mine rode that for like 30 points from the teens. Do you want to know why or what motivated him to buy it??? The "name" sounded "cool" How can argue with expertise and trading insight like that?

7. Y'all sure seem to enjoy hating on successful individuals eh.

8. I dont waste the energy for that kind of thing. Its bad karma also. For me it was just fun taking a brief stroll down memory lane & pulling up that ARBA chart. Cramer had nothing to do with it.

My simple perspective is this; right now I could give you 100 stock picks for 2007 and than at the end of this year harp on about just the 10 that I made a killing on. Actual success and performance is all relative.

#10     Jan 7, 2007