Cramer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Buying any stock w/o research is like gambling in Vegas or Atlantic City. It is not a wise decision in doing so. For what Cramer did in his Hedgefund and to his own TV personality, he deserves credit. As to his stock rec's on the show; that leaves something to question.

#11     Oct 10, 2006
  2. Danulous

Danulous

at least he makes a read on the market or a stock, and acts on it. (after telling his viewers of course)
    many of his picks do very well. others do not. nobody's perfect at investing. his show is about education and encouraging people to come up with their own ideas of where to put their money. he simply points out opportunities.
    so what if he's got an ego...what does that have to do with anything at all? he can have an ego if he wants to. he made money when many people didn't. i'd have an ego too.

#12     Oct 10, 2006
  3. Drew07

Drew07

Some do very well, others do not. No shit. If you pick 10 stocks a day, the majority of them will do well over some period of time. Cramer gets people excited about investing and for that I respect him, not to mention hes a multi millionaire, but when it comes down to it you can't rely on some guy with a TV show to manage your hard earned money.

#13     Oct 11, 2006
  4. Danulous

Danulous

he doesn't manage anybody's money. thats the whole point of his show...you're supposed to manage your own money using the little information from his show that shows an opportunity along with the information viewers are supposed to get from their own homework.
    but, there is no doubt that a lot of his viewers are stupid and just go by what he says. that's not cramer's problem...that's a problem of his stupid viewers.
    I remember one episode he was talking about investment opportunities in high-class dining. one viewer called and asked if he should invest in darden because of OLIVE GARDEN! and another called and asked if they should invest in CBRL... I mean it doesnt get any more stupid than that... there's nothing wrong with cramer or what he's doing (other than he's a nut), but a lot of his viewers got problems...

#14     Oct 11, 2006
  5. moo

moo

Why don't you try yourself? Does the price move before Cramer mentions a stock on his show? If not, you and anyone else can act on this "tip."

I don't follow this madman, but would guess any fast trader could make money with his calls.

#15     Oct 11, 2006