Cramer unbelievable "caught on tape"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Don Bright, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Cramer's hedge fund profited a lot before Reg FD was implemented in Oct 2000. Cramer's hedge fund career ended soon after. Go figure, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reg_FD

#11     Mar 22, 2007
  2. In their sick minds, it's all about the Benjamins. Whatever it takes to get it, that's the way the game is played.

My high school gym teacher was a POW in WWII. He told us of hanging a man who stole a piece of bread. That is survival. This is about plain unmitigated greed. I know so many people destroyed by this stuff, and then CNBC puts this animal on TV because he sells commercials.

What a testimony for our free market system. Wonder why NY is losing business. I know Europe ate up that Bloomberg piece. They simply don't trust us, and I can't blame them.

#12     Mar 22, 2007

3. As the regulation of our free thoughts and our free speech have been increased by the Politcally Correct movement in the last 15 -20 years, the business world has become less regulated. Forget the 9/11 conspiracy, I want to know who is behind this. Is it the Log Cabin Republicans or the NOW?

#13     Mar 22, 2007
  4. "What a testimony for our free market system."

I thought UK had party poker. We have the nyse.

#14     Mar 22, 2007
  5. cramer was the equivalent of a made man, look at his contacts. these guys can royally screw the rest of us as long as they do what they are told. they know they have a complicit media to protect them... well used to!!! LOL LOL LOL cramer committed the ultimate sin in his world and he only has his ego to blame, this is usually their downfall.

he ran his mouth at the wrong time in the wrong setting (no protection). they can't let him off now. he will leave cnbc and then who knows what. he has embarrassed them and he did it arrogantly. they will throw him to the wolves now. watch.

#15     Mar 22, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't see what's the big deal is:

1. Unless you are too naive, you know that the market can be manipulated.

2. If I admit, I used to be a pickpocket, but was never caught, can I be prosecuted?

#16     Mar 22, 2007
  7. no, but you shouldn't be given a license to sell or recommend investment advice. once a scumbag thief, always a scumbag thief...

You can't expect to be able to do whatever you want in this world, to cheat or lie to people, without facing consequences. This used to be common sense beliefs in America. At some point people stopped respecting this. We need to get it back.

#17     Mar 22, 2007
  8. "You can't expect to be able to do whatever you want in this world, and get caught, without facing consequences. This used to be common sense beliefs in America."

Those values are out the window via ATLA. There is no personal responsibility.

#18     Mar 22, 2007
  9. CORPORATE CRIME REPORTER

Jim Cramer Backpedals, Tells Imus Mistakes Were Made
    21 Corporate Crime Reporter 13, March 22, 2007

Jim Cramer took the airwaves this morning and backed away from controversial remarks made in a December 2006 internet television interview with TheStreet.com.

A contrite and nervous sounding Cramer told MSNBC’s Don Imus that “mistakes were made” when he appeared on the internet business television show claiming that hedge fund managers were manipulating the market, through both legal and illegal means, making disparaging remarks about his fellow financial journalists at CNBC and the Wall Street Journal, encouraging market players to engage in illegal activity – and implying that he too engaged in illegal activity when he was in the hedge fund business.

“I have to either shut up or get better at telling what I did or didn’t do,” Cramer told Imus. “I didn’t do a good job at distinguishing between the two.”

Did he engage in illegal activity?

http://www.corporatecrimereporter.com/imus032207.htm

A "must read."

Don

#19     Mar 22, 2007
  10. I did not do the stuff. But I didn’t say it right.”

“I ran a clean shop,” Cramer said. “I tried not to be a bad guy. . .It’s about trying to show people the way things really work on Wall Street. I’m no master of the universe. But I did my best to run a clean shop

I bet there are more than a few that worked with Crames that are freakin' rolling on the floor after reading that! :p

I think he's proven quite well, that he can't pick stocks or trade.

How did he get the famous "24% per year"? Even during a bull market, that's not too bad. Ya gotta think some tricks were pulled...

#20     Mar 22, 2007