Cramer Supeonaed In Gradiant Probe

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Feb 27, 2006.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Man I am so glad that you posted this stuff as I've really learned a lot about being moral. I've learned that by spending hours each day posting the same idea over and over again that I can be regarded on the same moral plane as Mother Theresa. Thanks.

#21     Mar 1, 2006
  2. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Just brutal....

(NEM) Newmont mining is weak all day on weak gold......slowly some buying pressure comes back as the ceo of NEM is on CNBC for an interview. He makes some comments about having a better 2006 after mucking up 2005 and the first quarter of 2006.....

(with gold running a 3 year marathon on a 45 degree slope and to show a drop in profits is inexcusable and warrants replacement of the entire board.....)

Anyway, so this uptalk of the stock from the CEO starts the stock rolling along...nice buying pressure coming in.....then comes Cramer....CNBC has him on and he makes comments like "no longer a sector leader" and calls nem a weak stock.....

I am short nem at 52.97...it was a great price (was)....i was down 21 cents on my short when Cramer steps in with his NEM rant....this drives the stock into the floor....wow.....thing just dies on the table and starts printing in the 60's.....

How can someone who constantly says the market is transparent and fair release comments like this knowing the impact of his words. No offence and yet at the same time all offence...this is market manipulation straight out....

CNBC should be ashamed of itself for having the CEO of NEM followed by comments from Cramer with less than one hour left in the trading day... Being passed a subpoena may smarten this shark up and make him and his ilk realize that - as much as i hate to admit - their words have meaning...their offhand coments are what kill the markets and remove fairness.

I hope these subpoenas make the talking heads like Cramer wake up and take the markets and their comments a little more seriously. On this occasion Cramers ignorance pulled my short around and gave me a decent day....this is the exact point...it is not fair or equitable.....

Smarten up Cramer....Smarten up CNBC....

P.S. CNBC, you are a business news station...reporting on the anna nicole smith supreme court hogwash and showing high speed car accidents in the middle of the trading day shows your laziness and ignorance to what is important during the trading day. Get it together.

whew...much better

• b.png
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
    #22     Mar 1, 2006
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

How is this market manipulation? If he says something, do you have to buy or sell it on his recommendation? The people doing the buying and selling based on what he says are the morons - you should be complaining about them.

#23     Mar 1, 2006
  4. If you live in the U.S. and find this offensive, then perhaps you would like living in China better. No freedom of expression or thought tolerated there. Or perhaps the Middle East, where cartoon creation can get you killed. Or maybe even Germany, where its illegal to say the Holocaust never happened. Cause here in the USA, we thankfully have the First Amendment. In most cases we can say what we want, when we want to whomever we want. God Bless America.

#24     Mar 1, 2006
  5. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

wow.....

First off,

public disclosure is one of the foundations of these markets...without it the market runs the risk of falling into disrepute. As naive as this sounds the markets need to push fairness as their number one priority.

Second, there are rules associated with freedom of speech...things like responsibility. Same arguments as these religious cartoons....You can say what you want but you must be responsible for your actions.....

In this case Mr. Cramer is as bad as the GOOGLE jokers randomly spitting out leading information on a radio program....Their words carry weight.....CNBC is far from being a source of market information and should not be prying for snap quotes which is what they essentially did.

My Cramer can say what he wants when the market is closed but during is a whole other ballgame....

#25     Mar 1, 2006
  6. You haven't learned anything because you are not ready. There is an old saying, "when the student is ready, the teacher arrives". You will need a situation where you are hurt. Then, you will understand. But that's a long way off.

By the way, you've got to count the pennies.

And I have to post the same thing over and over because a lot of folks are like you. However, look at the people coming out complaining about CNBC and Cramer. Refreshing. We don't need Cramers . And to let a guy with a scummy past like his get this kind of power is reprehensible.

#26     Mar 1, 2006
  7. thats silly. cramer is no different than any other analyst on cnbc. they are just giving their opinion. what do you want cramer to do. say something positive no matter what the stock?

#27     Mar 1, 2006
  8. Choad

Choad

#28     Mar 1, 2006
  9. Funny stuff. Glad I'm not the only one horrified at Cramers decent into slimeness.

He had the chance to keep the whole thing at a higher level, but noooooooooooooooo. RaTiNgS.

Cause it can't be the money , the slob already has more than enough.

Maybe two teenage daughters made him snap?

#29     Mar 2, 2006
  10. boo yaahhhhh

#30     Mar 3, 2006