Cramer shorts here you go! LOL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Enfinity, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Choad

Choad

LOL New exchange today:

James Cramer
    Squawk Box
    10/26/2005 8:56 AM EDT

I swear, i think they actually acknowledged on Squawk Box that i may have picked a stock that went up.. But then again I may be deluding myself...ISRG... You never know...
    Position: none

Rev Shark
    Good Picks and Bad Picks
    10/26/2005 9:09 AM EDT

If you are bullish on a dozen stocks every night I sure hope you have some good picks now and then because you are going to have some bad ones too. The key to making money is to effectively manage your luck. A pick like ISRG is fantastic as long as you don't let the PLAY's and TXN's kill you first.

My point here is that good and bad picks are inevitable if you are active in the market. The key to success is managing your trades and your luck effectively.

James Cramer
    No disagreement
    10/26/2005 9:13 AM EDT

No Disagreement Rev, i am just thrilled when both winners AND losers get focused on. I have felt that the only time i make "news" in some venues is when i get it wrong, which we all know is going to happen

#21     Oct 26, 2005
  2. Cramer is THE Premier Short! You guys should recognize that pattern already, look at all of his recs...they go DOWN!

That list is pretty miserable though. I came up with the following results for his 2/29/2000 recs:

trade adjusted WHEN applicable :) then/now

SVNX 92 / 2.21
    ARBA 793 / 7.05
    ISLD Toast
    EXDS Toast
    INSP 1085 / 25.06
    MERQ 96.38 / 31
    SNRA Toast
    VRSN 253 / 23.26

I wish I could short like Cramer...I think I am going to go join thestreet.com now!!!

;)

#23     Oct 26, 2005
  3. omg, i just entered the date of his keynote address and ariba, one of his top ten holdings, into a historical quote web site.

this stock was trading at about 800. now it goes for 6.

"You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now. "

now i'm back in the 'this man cannot be trusted' camp.

#24     Oct 26, 2005
  4. swcom

swcom

#25     Oct 26, 2005
  5. swcom

swcom

Cramer/Berk partners are probably shorting the hell out of everything he mentions on the show. Maybe someone could do a "what-if" for short positions off of all his recommends . . .

#26     Oct 26, 2005
  6. cramer isnt shorting anything. i believe he is honest and actually wants to help people but the problem is that he is just a crappy trader who trades on his emotions. without inside info he is no better than joe blow off the street.

#27     Oct 26, 2005
  7. Fellow traders, maybe a lesson for all of you: DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE SO CALLED GURU'S - like Cramer, Kudlow etc.

"No one is going to hand you a lot of easy money. It is like the story of the penniles tramp. His hunger gave him the audacity to enter a restaurant and order "a big, luscious, thick, juicy steak", and, he added to the colored waiter, "tell your boss to make it snappy." In a moment the waiter ambled back and whined: "De boss say if he had dat steak here he'd eat it hisself."

('How to Trade in Stocks' page 69, by Jesse Livermore)

Another good piece of literature about receiving tips is: 'WIPED OUT' by an anonymous investor.

Cheers.

#28     Oct 26, 2005
  8. Agreed.
    I'll have to admit I do watch the show for it's entertainment value. I don't usually watch much TV..but now that the weather is getting shitty...I've been watching that show during dinner and I've also been watching UFC Ultimate Fighter. Great show.

The good news is Killington , VT got 20" of snow in the last few days. :) Time to slap the rack on the Jeep and get ready for a good season of riding.

#29     Oct 26, 2005
  9. #30     Oct 27, 2005