Cramer Sez ........

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

talking heads are worse than useless, they frequently mislead people, intentionally or otherwise. It's entertaining though lol.

What Matters is price action. Show me the chart. Show me the tape. Show me the nas trin. premkt futs, spoos and the sector percent changes from open are doing. Show me the gaps. "Show me (what) the money (is saying)".

And by all means, Turn Off the tv at 9:30am. Don't let what talking heads say bias you. All that matters is the data.

"TV is for entertainment, charts and time & sales are for traders."
    -Ken

#11     Mar 16, 2003
  2. Gotta give the devil his due, the exquisite moment indeed.

He called it, who else did?

#12     Mar 21, 2003
  3. bone

bone

Cramer's my bitch.

#13     Mar 21, 2003
  4. klutz

klutz

Who is Cramer ?

#14     Mar 21, 2003
  5. Ebo

Ebo

Someone should beat up Bob PISS on EEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Is that guy the most annoying reporter?
    I switched to CNNFn for a breath of fresh air.
    Joya Dass has nice boobs.
    Sasha Salami looks like she has bad breath.
    What we really need is a station that has ONLY real news and better looking reporters that don't wine all day.

#15     Mar 21, 2003
  6. Cramer is bone's bitch. Didn't you read the post above where
    bone explained this? :D

#16     Mar 21, 2003
  7. ebo, have you tried bloomberg TV?

i'm not sure if their take on the markets is any 'better' (more accurate) than cnbc's (but you're not watching it for that anyway), but it comes across as a bit more mature...

actually CNBC Europe is a bit better than the american product i think. well, a couple of those english dicks (simon hobbs and guy johnson) can be pretty annoying, but i like listening to their guest host roger nightingale if he is on.

#17     Mar 22, 2003
  8. Cramer's cut his entire teeth on the greatest bull of all time.

That's why he got 2002 entirely wrong.

Only in 2003, did he get more defensive, and so what he called this one...we went from SP937 to SP 790 (the now "dirty bottom"; and we've rallied a 100 points.

So now he's right once in 14 months..big deal.

Is/was this move that different than any of the other cascades that ended in a 25% rally.

War or no war, there are so many people trying to end this bear, and tack on performance.

It's become a joke the whole thing really.

#18     Mar 22, 2003
  9. mixer

mixer

I worked with a guy who was one of Cramer's traders for 9 years. He has some really good stories of the behind the scenes tips yada yada yada.

While we were trading together he said "day trading is so difficult compared to what I used to to do with Jim". He said, if we were wrong in a position we could make it right. He gave me an example of when he accumulated almost 2million shares of INTC (buying every day it dropped, trying to make themselves right), then once it bounced they just unloaded it all.
    bla bla bla
    I guess to sum it up, he said they had the pockets to make a bad trade a good one.

#19     Mar 22, 2003
  10. thats still the way cramer trades in his AA portfolio. it doesnt work so good in a bear marker. thats why his performance has been so bad.

#20     Mar 22, 2003