Cramer says $125, Jim Jubak says $180!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Apr 22, 2008.

1. xty

xty

sss.........the guys name is matthew simmons..................a real tine confirmed bastard not in my wildest dream do i ever believe some one will come out aand say something like that

#21     Apr 22, 2008
  2. And so if I want to buy a long contract, and there are no sellers/shorts the market moves up until someone thinks it's overvalued

#22     Apr 22, 2008
  3. bob83

bob83

wouldnt this be hedging a long position in the cash market? thats not really speculating at all, and the opposite of what everyone on ET does...

#23     Apr 22, 2008
  4. And yet another "cut and paste" post by our resident "Gloom & Doomer" on ET, S2007S . . .
    Why am I not surprised.

:D

#24     Apr 22, 2008
  5. RBOB is a reformulated gasoline blendstock for oxygen blending; hence RBOB.

http://www.nymex.com/RB_pre_agree.aspx

#25     Apr 22, 2008
  6. Excellent point.
    People forget that there is now $184 BILLION DOLLARS in managed futures trading.
    This is a huge number compared to just 10 years ago . . .

#26     Apr 22, 2008
  7. #27     Apr 22, 2008
  8. That is another way to describe the principle behind a Ponzi Scheme. Ponzi is not mentioned as it does not look good, but the force that makes it work or collapse is the same. And yes one can make good money, one just have to make sure that one is not standing up when the music stops (hoding an empty bag).

#28     Apr 22, 2008
  9. All this talk about oil bullish predictions by all the monkeys out there tells me that we may be at or close to the top. I have to start look at the oil chart to get ready for the downside. That is where the real money will be made (on the down move).

#29     Apr 22, 2008
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I used to look for oil and remember the industry getting crushed in a 1981 oil glut. At that time oil prices increased to the point where it made economic sense to go find and produce oil. Eventually enough production capacity built up that prices crashed and many geotechnical firms went out of business including the one I worked for.

Yeah, we get screwed in the meantime but there is a self-corrective mechanism unless, of course, the demand-abatement part of that 1981 scenario is negated by the increasing demand of China and India. If so, we are screwed. :D

I paid 4.29 for diesel yesterday. I'm parking my truck and driving the Carrera for awhile lol.

#30     Apr 22, 2008