Cramer saids if no bailout Dow down 2000+ true or not true?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Sep 26, 2008.

will the dow drop 2000+ points on no bailout?

1. yes

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. no

42 vote(s)
    59.2%
  1. Harry "Most corrupt Congress in history" Reid just said on Bloom radio they're staying in session all weekend to finish the sell out.

#21     Sep 26, 2008
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

If he's right, it's a classic "broken clock is right twice a day" kind of thing. Of course, he's trying to sway VIP and public opinion...just remember that.

So far this year, he's incorrectly called at least two bottoms, and he made the worst tech forecast ever in early 2000. And that's just the start of his awful track record.

#22     Sep 26, 2008
  3. Please god let the 2000 point drop come after the taxpayer sellout - just when bush and his fluffergirl pelosi think it's all fixed.

:p

#23     Sep 26, 2008
  4. Why would a bull market begin? I don't think you guys understand what is going on here.

#24     Sep 26, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Everyone thinks that we need this huge drop to create a new bull market, thats not the case, there is nothing thats going to prop the economy back up, the bull market is now a bear market and the strong economy thats been running on monopoly money is now in a recession, stop thinking that these sell offs are going to lead to bull market, they are not leading to any bull market anytime soon.

The easy money that proped up this economy for so many years has dried up, as I said back in 2006 and 2007 once liquidity dries up thats the end for this great economy. Liquidity has dried up and easy money isnt available which means credit isnt available to those who used it to fund 3rd and 4th houses and big plasma tvs and 50k-100k luxury cars, these times are over, easy credit pushed the economy to new heights and now that easy credit isnt available, cash is king, but with a negative savings rate in america who has cash to buy the items they "want".

The market always stretches beyond its limits on both ends, I think the downside will stretch just as far as it did on the upside.

#25     Sep 26, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Just us financially responsible folks... and the Gummint cannot rely upon US to artifically pump the economy up to make them assholes look good...

#26     Sep 26, 2008
  7. would only drop 1000 points. but the deal will be approved.

#27     Sep 26, 2008
  8. Wow, $700 billion just to keep the Dow up 2000 points?

Why doesn't Paulson just go ultra short and kill the bailout?

#28     Sep 26, 2008
  9. axehawk

axehawk

I've been waiting for a down 2000 day for months. That will be the bottom if it happens.

:eek:

#29     Sep 26, 2008
  10. Maybe we missed the point of short-banning... maybe those exempt from the ban needed more liquidity to go short before the big drop? Naw, they wouldn't do that...

#30     Sep 26, 2008