Cramer said Legg Mason is a sell, that means to buy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by eagle488, Oct 12, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

it is not a cyclical business if you assume that people are not going to remove their money in a market crash.

#11     Oct 13, 2006
  2. it gets better. he held msft and intel for years. last summer he bailed on both with big losses near the lows. now they are up 20-30% and guess what he likes now?

#12     Oct 13, 2006
  3. gaj

gaj

to answer your post...

don't auto-fade cramer. much of his stuff is random whether it's up or down, people who (love/hate) him auto-pick his (winners/losers).

i put up a post on ET a while back the best ways to make money on cramer. one was when, he would pump and move the mkt, to fade that specific reco. it's not workig anymore.

the other was a bunch of situations for his longer-term plays that you could successfully fade.

having said that, i love one of the new cnbc commercials. NO COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA.

gotta get that as a wav clip or something..cracks me up.

#13     Oct 13, 2006
  4. Ok. Lets take a look at how Legg Mason did through the tech crash. I am looking at their chart right now and it appears they did quite well for themselves.

This company has been around through every market scenario you can throw at it. It survived the Great Depression. Every year since it was publicly traded, always traded up.

I have complete confidence that they will make it through any scenario and as long as there is a stock market, people will keep coming back. They were not scared away by the tech crash. They were not scared away by the Great Depression or the 1987 crash.

This is a great long term holder. . .

#14     Oct 13, 2006
  5. mjh

mjh

Cramer is a douchebag... and a cheap one at that. I traded against his "sell" and made close to 4600 dollars on a buy back in August. I'm starting to think he tells everyone to sell so he can buy on the dip.

Or maybe he really is just a loud mouth who's father-in-law is a network biggie giving him a shot. Problem is--he's still a dumbass.

mjh

#15     Oct 13, 2006
  6. It's true, you never know what the play is. I remember he recommended of MOT, stock is still making 6 year highs. It barely paused for a month from his pump. Of course the faders will never admit how they got torn apart by that one. Sh*t, and I still think their phones are some of the worst.

I also remember CIB from spring 2005, which I made good money on. He flashed a quick buy on it, it gapped and someone was unloading a couple mil shares. That was it, the company was a good investment but kinda low volume. Someone wanted out with a good price at the time and here comes Cramer. The guy unloaded and then after shaking both sides for a week, the stock kept on chugging upwards for almost a year.

And then on the other hand, he pumped CDE this spring and the stock lost nearly half its value since.

#16     Oct 13, 2006