Cramer said buy DAKT into earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hitman4gk, Feb 14, 2007.

1. he said buy before earnings..lets see if he takes responsibility..he did'nt say buy some now and more on a pull back..he said buy before the report,,he said this friday..it was down 8 points today...aonly an idiot would tell people to buy into a report.,.

2. especially on dakt.. that thing swings like a whore with syph.

3. S2007S

S2007S

HE also said sell NTRI at 42, now above 50+ after reporting earnings.

4. checkout cramerwatch.org

He tracks Cramer's picks and compares them to Leonard the Wonder Monkey who flips a coin and either agrees or disagrees with Cramer's pick.

I don't really agree with his W/L methodology for comparison. If one wins by 0.01% one day and loses by 15% the next day it's a tie even though over the two day period there's a significant difference.

Using the W/L idea Cramer is slightly better than the wonder monkey (though it's probably not a statistically significant lead.)

Using ROI as if each recommendation was a trade with a 30 day hold, the Monkey's doubling Cramer (0.15% vs 0.30%, though annualized it's 1.8% return vs 3.6% return.)

I believe the results go back to Nov 2005, when the Nasdaq and SP500 were 15- 20% lower.

It's amazing that anyone listens to Cramer when he's underperforming so badly. He'd even get fired from running a mutual fund at this point.

5. i agree... he told people to nuy NTMD and a bunch of other bio tech spec plays that got absolutely hammered..

6. He takes responsibility by putting a Post-It note on his forehead while you lost your shirt by betting on his call.