Cramer ripped by CNBC guest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by r-in, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Quoted for truth.

#41     Apr 18, 2009
  2. Gotta admit, there something going on over there at CNBC. The women have buttoned up their blouses, and the men have gotten quiet and subdued. Especially Cramer. I think you're right that his hedge fund days might worrying him.

After all, he was one of the ones saying, "let them eat cake" and boasted about it during some of his webcasts. He ADMITTED that he manipulated markets. That is so crass, I am surprised GE didn't cut him loose then, but we were in a bull market then an everybody was going to get rich buying GOOG.

#42     Apr 18, 2009
  3. I would say half of his audience is from the same source as Rush. They don't listen because they agree, they listen because they are waiting for him to screw up so they can post it all over youtube and the blogosphere. Same with Cramer. There are people who track Cramer just so they say what a screwup he is. At the end of the day, TV is about advertising, and Cramer gets eyeballs, lots and lots of eyeballs.

#43     Apr 18, 2009
  4. Nice and subtle way of reminding people how to take responsibility for their own actions. (this should be in bold capitals for traders) :)

#44     Apr 18, 2009
  5. I'm not a big fan of Jim Cramer, but IMO that other guy was way off base for coming on cnbc to promote his book, and then bashing one of their biggest stars, who really has nothing to do with the 401k discussion they were having. But it was pretty funny how they all rushed to his defense like good little network employees.

To me CNBC is marginally valuable because of its access to certain kinds of info we normally wouldn't have exposure to ... i.e. interviews with pit guys, etc. But like any other network, their relentless self-promotion is pretty annoying and sometimes downright disgusting.

Ever notice how at the end of a segment they'll cut off a guest who may be in the middle of a very important point, and the hurried anchor will say "we've GOTTA get to a break ..." but then before going to the actual break they always "squeeze in" about 30-40 seconds of cnbc promotion? .. annoying to say the least.

#45     Apr 18, 2009
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, but ideally you don't bury people in losses during the process. If he wanted to help the public he should just retire as he has crushed them mercilessly.

#46     Apr 18, 2009
  7. TonyOz

TonyOz

Now, wouldn't that be nice. Put the interest of the public before his own...

#47     Apr 18, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

I disagree. Cramer's first love was journalism - IIRC he went to Harvard and wrote on an undergrad magazine there, he always wanted to do something like win a Pulitzer but went to Goldman, possibly for the money/prestige.

Basically he is a frustrated writer/journalist. TSCM and Mad Money is the rich older guy finally following his real passion after making $$$. Instead of following his dream, he went for money and now as a result he's no good at either stockpicking or journalism.

The moral is that if you abandon your dream job to take a higher paying career, once you hit 45 and are rich, you will wanna quit - but you will have missed out on 25 years of skills and experience and learning at your passion, so you will no longer have the chance to become good/great at it. Don't whore yourself out at the cost of your talent.

#48     Apr 18, 2009
  9. Cutten

Cutten

I must have read this a dozen times but I still laugh each time. One day I'll get this printed out and frame it on my office wall.

#49     Apr 18, 2009