Cramer ripped by CNBC guest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by r-in, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I am sorry that I missed Ted David. He was one of my favorites. He was like comedic relief. When Ted was on they used to interview Silvia Wadhwa from Germany. Evidently in Germany being anorexic and telegenic have nothing to do with getting a job as a female talking head. Ted used to tweak her, just to keep her on camera longer.

#31     Apr 17, 2009
  2. I called once to Mr. Cramer in college. He didn't really have any advice except the rule that Mr. Soros is violating right now: "Don't bet against the Federal Reserve." At least, I'll give him credit for knowing that much, but the research against following him is insurmountable and not anything can redeem all the years of horrid returns and endless bull calls. Last I checked, the market moved in two directions, and the funniest part about the CNBC spot today was them proclaiming that the DOW had increased 242% for a measly 6.4% APR and the NAZ with it's 300% return. I guess they can't do the math, but these aren't that great compared to fixed income or what the average 30 year treasury was yielding back in the day.

#32     Apr 17, 2009
  3. I watched Cramer this evening and last, and he actually gave good advice about market sentiment. He has been very quiet lately.

And, he has managed money, connections or not. If a chartist combines thier tech analysis with his fundi analysis of late then one can do quite well.

#33     Apr 17, 2009
  4. He has a knows a tremendous amount about a lot of stocks. None of that transfers into making money. He's proven that.

His previous life was shady at best, and it is probably going to come back and haunt him. I think that is what you see in his antics.

Mark my words, the destruction of Bear and Lehman will be avenged. They cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars. And when the US starts looking int he cabbage patch, they will find, they probably already know, it's one big circle.

chanos was actually humble on CNBC theother day. It's going to be open kimona day very soon. And the public will be enraged - again.

#34     Apr 17, 2009
  5. Both of these idiots are wrong.

Don't buy and hold ETF's and don't listen to Jim Cramer.

#35     Apr 17, 2009
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Another thing about Cramer is that he shamelessly attacks people all the time on his show but when anybody says something bad about him he goes ballistic and cries to mommy. What a hypocrite.

#36     Apr 17, 2009
  7. I recently read that Cramers net worth due to his stock interest in the Street has gone from 50mil to sub 10 mil.
    The article said he took a massive hit in his stock ownership interest there.

#37     Apr 17, 2009
  8. #38     Apr 17, 2009
  9. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,
    Cramer IS an IDIOT.
    But what about Larry Kudlow?
    He gets some great guests and it would be nice to hear what they have to say, especially when they disagree with him. Instead, he would rather rant & rave about "The Upward Sloping Yield Curve" and "Even a Banker Can Make Money" instead of shutting-up and listening. Does he get a nickel every time he makes these statements or is he just the bastard child of some GE executive?
    In all fairness, I suppose I have to cut the Moronic Fool a little slack, he does admit to formally being a "POLITICIAN"
    On second thought, anybody that would admit that deserves NO SLACK.

#39     Apr 17, 2009
  10. TonyOz

TonyOz

As far as Cramer is concerned, his job is hopeless on CNBC's mad-money unless it is a roaring bull market, because he has to give "buy" recommendations, and on a daily basis, nevertheless, and he cannot recommend buying a short-index-ETFs as it is against the CNBC philosophy, so what is he left with?

Even in a bull market having to recommend 3-6 different stocks per day, which amounts to 450-900 stocks per year will cause big misses as well, because frankly there aren't that many stocks that will outperform the market.

Frankly, I'm surprised this show is still on the air and that it has the viewership that it has. Well, I guess people watch their favorite "movie" stars on lifelong soap opera, so Cramer has his "fans" as well. He is a "movie" star after all... roflmao

For the person who said that Cramer should retire and what does he need to do this for, etc.

One of the biggest blessings in life is to find something that you love to do, and if you can get paid to do it, then you absolutely have it made. Obviously, Cramer enjoys the spotlight. He is living his dream. I see no reason why he should stop. Getting up at 6am and going to CNBC is not work for him. He is doing something he loves, and that should be apparent. I mean this 5 foot and a grape bald man is idolized by college babes who recognize him from TV and will go to his room so they can say, I slept with a celebrity. And he then gets to call his buddy Spitzer and tell him that he didn’t have to pay for it. And that is just the icing on the cake. The real cake is what he does on his show.

I mean this guy can sling mud at CEOs, the FED, and Politicians, and have them kiss his ass to come on his show, while his cult following applauds. And you think Cramer doesn't love life. What's better for a Napoleon-size man, (who wanted to conquer the world by the way, if I remember my history).

Yes, this is Mad Money. Forget about stock picking. This show is about Cramer is better than everyone... Because if he was in their shoes and could make the decision instead of them, it will be a perfect decision every time. Cramer’s perfect solution for this world would be to clone himself many times over, so he can run every company and government in the world. So what about all those who possess those jobs already. Cramer has a solution for that as he put them all on the wall of shame.

And what do we do? We watch it! Why do we watch it? Well either it is boredom or we are simply afraid to be left out, because no reasonable human being would watch that crap. On this thought, maybe it’s the viewers’ picture that belong on the wall of shame for watching the crap that is on CNBC in the first place.

The best way to send a message to CNBC about the carp they put on TV is to stop watching it all together!

#40     Apr 18, 2009