Cramer ripped by CNBC guest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by r-in, Apr 17, 2009.

1. he is an egomaniac. he would do the tv for free just to get his mug on tv.

#11     Apr 17, 2009
  2. He definitely needs to be loved, and that's his undoing.

I don't think any other TV personality, and let's face it, that's what Cramer is at this juncture, needs to be loved like Cramer does. He's one of the most insecure people I've ever seen.

Even when he appeared on the Daily Show, he was sheepish and almost apologetic, to someone who had lashed him viciously for weeks and was even doing so while he was there, live.

He needs therapy and medication.

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. Are you serious?! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU DEFENDED HIM?

makloda

09-07-08 06:00 AM

Quote from GSH1976:Who gives a damn about the size of his bank account.

I do. It's the score we use to measure success in the business world. Cramer, by all means, went from a zero to a multi-millionaire (without going to jail). Beat that.

makloda

08-20-08 10:14 AM

Quote from crgarcia:
    Jim Cramer had one.
    And he -like most daytraders- ended up blowing up accounts.

Wrong. Check your info. Cramer never blew up with his fund. He had a steep drawdown of something like 35% and redemptions coming in left and right in Sept/Oct 1998. Allegedly, his fund recovered by early 1999.

Quote from stereo70:

#13     Apr 17, 2009
  4. RL8093

RL8093

Agreed. He's completely addicted to the sound of his own voice - everything else in his world comes second....

R

#14     Apr 17, 2009
  5. I'm defending him against broke ET morons who simply say "Cramer can't trade, I'm so much better". Cramer has 50 million in the bank, they don't.

I still wonder though why he's doing the TV gig, wake up at 6am write for his TSCM site, drive to CNBC studio every day, blue-collar workload style. Why does he need the media attention? I think the above posters got it right. He must have some mental issue. Any sane human being would have retired for good and enjoyed the family and money.

He would have added a healthy 10 years to his life, too. This guy is a walking heart attack.

#15     Apr 17, 2009
  6. That's what Cramer claims. You're obviously stupid enough to believe whatever comes out of his mouth, regardless of the fact that he is a pathological liar.

The guy was a journalist who then went to law school but never took the BAR. He did not even know what he wanted to do with his life.
    It does not take a genius to figure out that he is connected, because Goldman Sachs would not hire someone like that into their Sales & Trading department as a broker, especially back in the mid 1980s. The only reason they would, if the individual comes from a certain background & social circle with established relationships.
    One of his first & primary investors was Elliot Spitzer, who comes from a very wealthy & powerful family. His primary strategy in his fund was to get info from Goldman on what institution was buying up what stock and simply front run them. He was stupid enough to describe this in his own book, of course most of the readers are too stupid to figure out that this is illegal.

Connect the dots. You're admiring some sociopath with an obvious mental disorder and potential ADD that just happened to come from a privileged background. The fact that this piece of crap has any wealth and is TV is a disgrace. No wonder this nation & most of the rest of the world is going down the toilet.

#16     Apr 17, 2009
  7. His connection was Martin Peretz

#17     Apr 17, 2009
  8. do you have the video of that daily show you're talking about?

#18     Apr 17, 2009
  9. http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1096430497&play=1

Mr. Solin didn't impress me very much overall except for why a Roth IRA (which his answer was cut off) is better (IMHO) than a 401k exactly because we don't know what the tax situation will be in 20-30 years (when I am nearer retirement age). But it seems pretty reasonable to assume tax rates will go up over time, especially the way Nobama is spending, unfortunately.

But I would agree that the mutual fund industry in general is pretty worthless and doesn't provide much value for their fees. But I haven't seen viable alternatives for most who have no clue about the markets.

Typical Cramer. Nobody said much of value in the piece and accomplished nothing but chest banging IMHO.

BM

#19     Apr 17, 2009
  10. I quit watching CNBC about 4 weeks ago for the exact reasons on that video. These people are idiots. Watching and listening to this kind of crap is a waste for anyone who thinks they can gain some kind of edge by having it on during the day. Do yourself a favor and find some other background noise while trading.

#20     Apr 17, 2009