Cramer Reminds Why Fundamental Analysis is BS

Discussion in 'Events' started by Trend Following, Sep 29, 2011.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I never read his books, but I get the impression his fund made money (and apparently did well) through shady hedgefund strategies: pump and dump; analyst earnings manipulation; etc.

#11     Oct 2, 2011
  2. KageRyu

KageRyu

Wasn't there some clip of him talking about manipulating futures markets through rumors?

#12     Oct 2, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I have (had) allot of enjoyment shorting EK (wish I was in it more!) and blasting Antonio Perez, the CEO who coughs and loudly turns pages over the phone on the conference calls. Although I have yet to perform my self-promised grilling over the conference call, I am long one share so I can be on the call... :cool: He even yawned once when announcing an 18% decline on expectations for entertainment imaging (EI)!

With that said, TRENDY - do you have a link where Cramer recommended this stock? I would be devastated if he did recommend it, and I hope it makes headlines, because I have yet to see it in any news bulletin. This is worse than Bear or Wachovia, if it's true/verifiable.

#13     Oct 2, 2011
  4. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Lawls, you all hate Cramer?

Do you not like the haircut? Or him being on CNBC since the 90s? Or blasting people, especially during the turn of the century?

#14     Oct 2, 2011
  5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Read Confessions of a Street Addict, by Cramer - fast read, even if you don't like him, it is an eye opener and great insight on the Street during the 90s. (The street = not his company, but Wall St)

#15     Oct 2, 2011
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I heard he talks about some shady stuff in there like spreading rumors to analysts to profit from his positions...

#16     Oct 2, 2011
  7. Fundamental analysis is absolutely not BS if your time frame is long enough. One can beat the market using fundamentals alone.

#17     Oct 3, 2011
  8. cramer catching a little heat for his calls.

jimcramer Jim Cramer
    I taking a break from Twitter. All the usual secondguessers and bashers are out. I will let you guys sort it all out.

#18     Oct 3, 2011
  9. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

True, if you can live forever.

#19     Oct 4, 2011
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Cramer ........................................... is BS

Fundamentals who cares.

#20     Oct 8, 2011