Cramer: One of the greatest bull markets of all time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, May 19, 2007.

1. Edit: (Added some boldness purely for proper emphasis) :p Enjoy!

By Jim Cramer
    RealMoney.com Columnist
    5/18/2007 6:07 PM EDT

Relentless and inexorable. Joy-propelled.

And nobody seems interested at all. All enthusiasm seems drummed up, false. Nobody seems to be excited about this increase. To which I say, this is the best market I have seen in seven years and I am not going to stop singing its praises. The kind of action we have is the kind of action that can only be considered one of the greatest breakouts of all time.

We have reached that moment when there seems to be no overhead resistance for many stocks, no supply, and multiple buyers circling. It's as if all of these buybacks have at last drained the excess out of the market, and the only sellers are traders who bought yesterday.

Activist managers making things happen, private equity removing stock faster than it can be printed (which is saying something because there was an awful lot printed today), takeovers at huge premiums, endless buybacks. It's all good.

And the best thing? Nobody's talking about it. No one.

We should get a little overhang Monday morning after the people who take a free call at the market get margined out from their option positions -- that is unless we get a ton of takeovers trying to beat the summer -- and that could be next. But let's understand each other. It is a buying opportunity for certain.

2. F Cramer. He is a douche and should go to jail.

3. Cramer: Greatest Internet stocks of all time...

You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? <b>You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World?</b> You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now.

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/891820.html

4. Cramer: One of the greatest bull shitters of all time :p

5. john12

john12

lol i laugh at cramer. nobodys talking about it because they're up to there eyeball in debt from the last 20 years of binging. the cramers of the world are desperate to suck joe six pack in so he can dump to him and get even richer. i've yet to see a real bear on cnbc in the last 2months

6. That's because they're all out working second and third jobs after they blew all their money.

OldTrader

7. lindq

lindq

What is there possibly to be bearish about? I wish it was so, because I profit from weakness. But the fact is, other than the possibility of simple profit taking and a small pullback, I don't see anything on the horizon to cap this market.

We've already blown through 60-70 dollar oil and high gas prices. A record number of foreclosures and subprime losses haven't dented the market. Consumer sentiment refuses to pull back. Major US corporations are having a field day selling to international markets. We are at full employment. Interest rates are still very low. Huge amounts of capital are waiting to be put to work at every opportunity.

This is a perfect world for the U.S. market. And yes, over time, things will change. But I don't see it this year. I wish it were otherwise, but it isn't.

8. Allaces

Allaces

I preferred his work on Seinfeld

9. Too bad his picks suck and underperform even in a bullish market. He should just go long on DDM or DIA and forget it

10. Arnie

Arnie

...best market I have seen in seven years...

Classic:D

#10     May 19, 2007