Cramer on the NYSE floor tommorow!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AKUMATOTENSHI, Nov 7, 2006.

1. mjh

mjh

Who cares what the hell he does? Be happy for the douchebag and worry about yourself and concentrate on what makes you a better trader/investor right?? I personally can't stand the guy but so what? I turned him on the TV last night and hadn't seen him in over a year and man-o-man what a circus he has going!! I couldnt stop laughing at all those buttons and shit and jumping around like he's coked out of his mind, but what the heck he's doing it and nobody else is right? Laughing all the way to the bank .

#61     Nov 8, 2006
  2. I see a Cramer ad at starmagazine.com. Oh Britney is getting divorced by the way. Reese Witherspoon too.

#62     Nov 9, 2006
  3. A lot of traders are gaming Cramer. I personally like the man on a personal basis and he comes across as very likable and trustworthy but I think he lacks discipline and emotional balance.

What most people on TV do not realize is that the show is taped and he gives his recommendations to a paying audience in advance of the TV show. Look at trading volume in his recs - they go way up before the show even airs during regular trading. Then they spike up more in extended hours trading when the retail suckers enter.

I am convinced that the smart money is waiting for the spike up and selling short then buying back a few weeks later when the market recalibrate.

Cramer has made MANY bad un-thought out recommendations. He talks about doing your homework etc. but a lot of his recs have major events happen a week or two later that were generally known to be coming well in advance of his rec. Nothing worse than being in the wrong "best of breed" stock in the right market segment (PD was an example) that he gets you into. In the case of PD and others he gets you in then a short time later the company announces they are going to buy a major competitor. The stock then takes a nose dive since the cash flow is eaten and it will take a year to realize any net gain in profits from the merger after debt service. He did the same thing with JDS uni-phase - talked everyone into it only too see it crash a burn a short time later as the company diluted share owner equity with a new issuance of preferred stock. He makes a lot of these kinds of amateur mistakes all the time. HE needs to do his homework rather than just reading the current broker abstracts for these companies.

Cramer likes more stocks than he hates by at least an order of 7:1 or so. I think he is an unrealistic optimist and a sucker for a good CEO sales story. If a person recs enough stocks they are bound to have something eventually go right to crow about. But the thing I HATE about Cramer is he goes in and out on his sentiments about a stock like most people change their underwear. One day he is "two thumbs up" then when a caller calls a few weeks later its like "oh - you need to sell-sell-sell" that's all played out". He is simply swing trading in and out of sectors that are trending in favor from week to week and if you play that game enough you will thrash yourself and bleed to death slowly by "death by a thousand cuts".

Cramer is like a kid in a toy store that wants to buy everything that is shiny but buys so many toys he can't get fixated on any one long enough to see it through. He is more interested in being the first one to call the new stock of the day than he is interested in maximizing portfolio wealth.

He has cost me huge losses or preempted buying opportunities. I had stocks I was about to get into and he spiked them up abnormally high with retail buyers before I could get the trend dip I had been following for weeks. In my opinion he injects a lot of instability and speculative investors into the markets.

He means well but he is emotionally and egotistically driven. My thesis is he also plays both sides of his recs and makes money from the TV show as well as profits from the preannouncement recs to his paying subscribers. There is no way to know if he trades and profits indirectly through a proxy in his recs either.

He has a good and fast mind and has amazing recall abilities. But I really think he is more trying to impress people with how much general info he carries in his head about a particular stock than he is with getting profits out of it by understanding what is going on under the hood below the broker abstracts on these companies.

My advise read the stock reports and news events going back at least 6 months before buying anything Cramer recommends. Then wait for the shorts and disenchanted retail buyers to drive the price down to take their profits before YOU enter.

TS

#63     Nov 10, 2006