Cramer on the NYSE floor tommorow!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AKUMATOTENSHI, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Danulous

Danulous

i never said i follow his every trade. i already know he's wrong a lot just by checking up on stocks he mentions over time. I look into a lot of his picks, acting on his recommendations is something different. I made money in ERTS though, but that didn't only come from cramer, but he did mention it and say why he liked it compared to activision. in otherwords he mentioned it, i looked into it, waited, liked it, and bought. i mostly just watch him whenever i can catch him, which is reasonable. it's not like im in love with him or cnbc...i just listen. i got involved in this thread to just question why there is such a big hatred for him. i don't think there's any reason to HATE him with a passion unless you lost money with him on ever stock, or are jealous, or something...and why people hate people that watch cramer is just ridiculous

#31     Nov 8, 2006
  2. i find all you people out there that love to bash cramer quite cute. The guy has made 50 times the amount of money any of you will ever make in the market....i would even bet that he makes more in a year being a "george clooney act alike" (wtf that even means) on CNBC that any of you can make in a year in the stock market.

So lets see....he has more money than you right now.....he makes more money than you right now....he will always make more money than you......he has a hit TV show that makes him famous and allows him to sell little trinkets like bobbleheads which again makes him more money than you will ever have...he can pack rooms/theatres with people that would pay just to be there to hear him speak.......and to top it all off....he makes more for charity in a year than any of you can even make for yourselves in a year.

So my question is....even if you dont like his show...or his antics..or his stock picks, how do you figure you have the right to bash his trading or his picks when he makes more money than you and always will.

Just shows your ignorance of how the market place works. Its not what you know....or who you know....but how much money you make.

So shut the f**k up and go spend your time trying to make like a 1/4 of the money cramer makes then you can open your mouths and beak all you want and maybe someone might listen.......but i doubt it

#32     Nov 8, 2006
  3. Yep! That about says it all.

#33     Nov 8, 2006
  4. kevinmr

kevinmr

As far as I know Cramer is the only source for him having a very successful hedge fund. When I read his book he gives enough info about his equity at varying times and I backed out his returns and it was not that impressive nor was his total equity under management.
    Cramer is dangerous because he gives the impression investing/trading is easy and everyone should be doing it.

#34     Nov 8, 2006
  5. Danulous

Danulous

people should be investing...just maybe not in some of the things cramer "pushes." it's up to the viewers to make their own investment decisions. he can't help the fact that he may have stupid viewers who are too lazy to do additional homework on his picks. dangerous maybe, but it can also be educational to some degree...but seems like some of the people here don't have an open mind, and only believe their opinions are the right ones, which maybe good for trading/investing, but not a good enough reason to bash him or anybody that watches his show.

#35     Nov 8, 2006
  6. kevinmr

kevinmr

Do you think that is true of all rich individuals that by virtue of being rich they are good at whatever they say they are good at? Currently, Cramer is primarily an entertainer not a trader and the facts support him not being very good at stock-picking.

#36     Nov 8, 2006
  7. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I thought I saw something about a site where a monkey making random picks is either beating or matching Cramer's picks?

:eek:

Is this true? I can't find anything on it.

I couldn't care about Cramer one way or the other, but if true, it is pretty funny.

TIA.

#37     Nov 8, 2006
  8. Danulous

Danulous

well the game is making money...and trading or investing is about making money, and he makes money. so what's your point. he loves the game. how can you not respect him for his love of trading alone and showing how he thinks through a tv show. takes balls. and he knew he was going to get criticized anyway, do you think he gave a shit when he started?

if you're rich because you made money in the market. you must be good at playing the market. so i dont get what you mean. if you're a rich doctor, that doesnt mean you are a good doctor...but in the market the goal is to make money.

#38     Nov 8, 2006
  9. the facts are....cramer has had not one but at least two quite successful TV shows concerning the stock market.....that he has written not one but at least two top selling books concerning the stock market....and that he ran for not one year but at least 10 years a very successful hedge fund.....and that he has made not one but at least 10 million dollars trading stocks on the stock market.

So pretty much yes...when these facts are displayed by a rich individual i tend to believe them that they are good at what they do. And for the record...just so you understand how most things in life work...a person doenst get rich being bad at what they do...not that it cant happen.....but for the most part....rich people are very good at what they do. The fact that this needs to be explained to you makes me understand how you can think cramer cant make stock picks.

because i am generous i will also explain something else to you.....even the best stock trader in the world is wrong many times. Do you actually think Buffet has never lost money...that every trade, acquisition purchase was profitable. If you do your dumber than i already think you are. Cramer needs to fill up and hour each day talkin about stocks. If you think you know someone else that can talk about 50 stocks a day and be correct on 49 of them like you think cramer should be.....then i suggest you have them start their own tv show.

So again i say.....shut the f**k up and go try to make 1/4 of the money cramer makes each day in the market place before you open your mouth

#39     Nov 8, 2006
  10. kevinmr

kevinmr

Wow, you have quite the combo: ignorant and a foul mouth; your mother must be proud.
    Your posts have so many incorrect statements it is hard to know where to start. I don't profess to anything about Cramer other than what he has published and what he displays on his show. It is a fact, not conjecture, his picks on his show have a lower total return and a higher variance than the S&P500. There are quite a number of sites that track his picks. Google them and do your own analysis.

Good for him he makes a ton of money as an entertainer but as a source of market information and analysis that a serious trader can utilize to make money, no way.

#40     Nov 8, 2006