Cramer on 60 Minutes tonight

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Nov 13, 2005.

1. azmi

azmi

What I like most about Cramer is whether he is right or wrong..he has a lot of conviction when he speaks. He makes calls - and then assumes responsibility for them. So if he loses people all that much money consistently I dont think he would have somewhere to the tune just over 1 million people across North America tuning into his show every day (figures from some CNBC statistic a few days ago). And i really dont know how well/poor his hedge fund is doing. But based just on his call on Google (he said buy at 100 8 months ago - buy at 200 4 months ago and buy at 300 for a target of 450 I believe) I think it should be doing ok. Other wise..who cares whether he is right /wrong...he is entertaining to watch and offers the industries/stocks in play.

#21     Nov 14, 2005
  2. mhashe

mhashe

Whoever said the majority were smart? That's 1 million more goobers to fade. If you want stocks in play just look at everdays 52 week high list. As for cramer, the guy gives me a headache, he screams like a bozo and acts like he's on crack 24/7.

#22     Nov 14, 2005
  3. when cramer is on mainstream media, its time to sell everything including goggle.

#23     Nov 14, 2005
  4. Head trader for Stanley Druckenmiller while they were both at the Quantum Fund for Soros. He worked for George at Quantum from 1986 to 2000, and left in early 1987 (sidestepping the crash ) for one year before being hired back.

Now back with Druckenmiller again at Stanley's own fund, Duquesne Capital.

#24     Nov 14, 2005
  5. Cramer haters are so funny. Filled with jealousy and anger for someone elses success. If cramer's calls sucked his hedge fund wouldn't have had annualized returns of 24% over 14 years, he wouldn't have been asked by the premier business television network to host a show about stocks solo. Maybe you don't see other hedge fund managers with a show because they are still running their funds and/or they aren't as entertaining as cramer. If I ran a hedge fund made good coin and wanted to retire but I still wanted to do something that made me happy I would do it, this show makes cramer happy, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Don't hate

#25     Nov 14, 2005
  6. cramer has never owned a share of goog. he owns almost none of the stocks he hypes himself.

#26     Nov 14, 2005
  7. RNRBAND

RNRBAND

was funny watching him bark out orders
    my goodness, I wish I were scalping then. I dont doubt for a second he is a very smart man, but couldnt help watching him lose control of his emotions. I think he was in the right place at the right time

#27     Nov 14, 2005
  8. Choad

Choad

The truth about Cramer is, yes, he is worth more than 50 million. And he made it mostly from his hedge fund. His fund had very good long term returns. But he caught all of the bull market, and he had very good traders working for him (his wife even had to step in to save his fund at one point) AND, back in the day, he would get "the Call" from those in the know - order flow info from brokers, certain analysts and insiders, etc. Was it all legal? Who knows, but he was investigated several times by the SEC...

So what are we left with?

Is Cramer annoying? He certainly can be.

Is he entertaining at times? I grudgingly admit he is.

Is he very knowledgeable about the markets? Of course.

Is he better than average at picking stocks? No! I've been watching him since about '98 and other people that track his picks show his performance usually a few points above or below the SPX - nothing to write home about. Like all of us, he has a few big losers and winners and the rest average.

Can you make money from his picks? Sure, but you could just buy the SP500 too. And on a short term basis he does move stocks, so if you are quick (and on the right side) you can make some money there too.

He is way too emotional to make a very good trader.

JMHO

Good luck to all.

C

#28     Nov 14, 2005
  9. If I had the call from analysts and Faber regarding pending upgrades and or mergers, I would have made a fortune, and would continue to make a fortune. BTW I don't hate cramer....I just think he's a lousy trader.

#29     Nov 14, 2005
  10. Reg FD ruined the game for alot of the so called "market guru's".

I think Cramer is very knowledgeable about the market in general, but his individual stock picking is average at best.

#30     Nov 14, 2005