Cramer mocking those who believe the next CRE crash that is coming....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 4, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Bought some CRE or made a loan in 2006 you were fucked.... Come on are you serious, you say that today totally after the fact, of course you can scream about it today and look as if you knew what was going to happen but 99% didn't.

Disagree, I drive around and take notice of the millions of sq feet of retail space for lease and rent. If there is a double dip recession which I'm leaning towards, it will create an even greater downfall in CRE which will lead to a crash. Right now it's been slow and steady due to the easy money policies bubble Ben bernanke has put into place. You keep thinking the bottom is in on CRE and I will just continue to watch it sink. Don't fall for any uptick in this area as well, it will be shortlived. Maybe the government can give free handouts like they did to first time homebuyers to spur some optimism. What a fucking joke.

#11     Dec 5, 2009
  2. CRE prices fell 35% nationwide, some markets it was 50% or more - that's a crash and it's already happened.

As for your other point, you could have said that in 2007 too - didn't stop real estate having its biggest crash since the Great Depression. I remember in 2005 and 2006 here, lots of real estate bulls were pointing to the stock performance of homebuilders as a reason why a crash would not happen. But the crash did happen. Ditto with dot.coms in 1999 and early 2000.

The fact is, stock prices do not anticipate crashes. So if CRE were to crash, today's stock price would not tell you that in advance. Thus, today's stock price does not in any way indicate that it *won't* happen either.

#12     Dec 22, 2009
  3. Cramer is the perfect contrarian indicator

Fade him

#13     Dec 22, 2009
  4. fhl

fhl

Wrong, at least in part.

You are correct that the economic policies of this gov't and fed are wrongheaded....

but, you seem to think that history will record it accurately. You couldn't be more wrong. History books are nothing but politics, just like everything else.

If you'd like to see in advance what the history books will show, just look at what I've copied from an article at seekingalpha.com this morning.

"Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and President Obama told a gathering of small bank leaders at the White House Tuesday that they'd better start lending more or they would bear responsibility should the recovery falter. "

#14     Dec 23, 2009