Cramer Joins the Biden Brigade........

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Oct 20, 2008.

1. This is just too much fun.............

October 20, 2008, 5:57 pm
    AIG CEO Demands Apology from Mad Money’s Jim Cramer
    Posted by Heidi N. Moore
    cramer1020_art_200v_20081020190011.jpg
    Associated Press

Great financial slapfights in history: Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton. J.P. Morgan and William Jennings Bryan.

And now, AIG CEO Edward Liddy and CNBC investor and ‘Mad Money’ host Jim Cramer.

Liddy has barely been in his new job a month, but he is already willing to go to the mat for his new employees, which Cramer insulted en masse in one of his shows last week. Deal Journal obtained a copy of Liddy’s outraged letter today to Cramer. The full text (the original is on letterhead) is below for your comment, review and delectation.

Edward M. Liddy
    Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
    AIG

October 20, 2008

Mr. Jim Cramer
    Mad Money
    CNBC
    [Address redacted]

Dear Mr. Cramer,

I was deeply disappointed last Thursday when you urged your viewers to harass AIG employees, saying:

“We should hound them in the supermarket, we should hound them in the ball park, we should hound them everywhere they are. We should make fun of them and we should point fingers at them and we should tell them that you have no shame.”

Those comments are outrageous. I demand they be retracted and that you apologize to AIG’s employees. It is one thing to criticize the executive leadership of AIG - that’s fair commentary. But it is way out of bounds to incite people to confront and harass other AIG employees - hard-working, dedicated people who are running good businesses and are committed to our success. The employees of AIG did not cause this mess, but they are paying for it - in diminished 401K savings and in some job losses as we sell companies to repay the Federal loan. The irony is that AIG employees did not cause the problem, but they will solve it. For that they deserve our praise and our gratitude.

I await your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Edward M. Liddy
    Permalink | Trackback URL: http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2008/10/20/craaaaameerr-aig-ceo-challenges-

2. sammybea

sammybea

Its pretty insulting that GE is endorsing this by not stepping in. Its one thing to say Cramer is on his own for stock picks.. its quite another to use the show to incite violence.

Jeffrey Immelt has lost me here to keep quiet. They must be desperate for earnings.

3. Can't you smell it getting ready to blow? It can't go on like this. It's insane.

4. Nowhere was violence mentioned or inferred. Let's not get overly dramatic about it.

5. boo hoo hoo

I wish Cramer would get canceled. That would be far better than any apology.

Too bad that will never happen because there are an endless supply or moronic mad money callers with a limitless amount of money to lose on horrible Cramer picks.

6. May be I am a dreaming.

I am a thinking, that CNBC had Dr. Doom, Marc Faber, in studio the other day because they are a thinking that he might be the perfect replacement for Cramer.

At least, this guy understands and gets the market direction right. S&P at 500 is closer than S&P at 1500 after all.

I am a also thinking, that to balance the CNBC money honey bias, they could bring the ever lovely Sylvia Wadhwa across the pond to put some meat on the bones of the anorexic and bullemic images that CNBC trots out day after day.

I say team Marc Faber and Sylvia Wadwha and you got yourself some kind of financial news programming. Maybe a little too Teutonic, but it beats the hell out of James J. Cramer.

7. bxptone

bxptone

WOW WHAT NERVE, PEOPLE SHOULD CONFRONTING JIM CRAMER IN THE STREETS, IN THE SUPERMARKETS. THEY SHOULD BE RUNNING THEIR SHOPPING CARTS INTO HIS CAR OUTSIDE, ASKING HIS WIFE WHY THE FUCK HE TRIES TO RUIN PEOPLES LIVES (no me, never ever made a trade based on his recommendations, just used to fade some of them)THEY SHOULD KEY HIS CAR, PROTEST OUTSIDE MSNBC, AND THROW SHIT BOMBS AT HIS HOUSE.

Did he really say people should do this to AIG employees? This guy is a real asshole.

8. Cramer has a stake is TSCM which is falling like a rock

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=TSCM&t=1y

No amount of pumping is garbage action alert will save his stock

9. [​IMG]

You're not just delusional, you are downright insane.

10. Are Cramer's audience really that stupid? If he says jump off the building, will they do it for him?

#10     Oct 21, 2008