Cramer harrassing guests...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baller1069, Jan 22, 2008.

1. i saw it.. santelli was great. he, art cashin and peter schiff are the only ones i listen to.

#21     Jan 22, 2008
  2. bgp

bgp

i agree, westbury is B.S. i do like santelli

bgp

#22     Jan 22, 2008
  3. thanks for the heads up karatechop.

#23     Jan 22, 2008
  4. Covert

Covert

Westbury is excellent, and if you would take the time to go back and read what he's been saying for the last 2 years, you'd know that. Just because he doesn't parrot the populist opinions of the day...(Cramer, et al) doesn't mean he's wrong- it just means he's taking a much closer look at the data than all of these talking heads. Time and time again, his analysis has been bourne out by the markets and the economy. In the meantime, someone mentioned Peter Schiff. Ask yourself this, why should we listen to someone tell us how bad the US economy and markets are when he works for a firm called....Euro Pacific. Do you think that he's got a vested interest in seeing the Asian/European markets outperform the US??

#24     Jan 22, 2008
  5. Cramer is idiot, I think most will agree. But there needs to be more accountability. I have no probs with guests going at it. IMO its a reason to tune in, not change the ch.

Any thoughts on Cramer's stimulus plan he mentioned last friday (when the $800 tax credit was headline).

#25     Jan 22, 2008
  6. plugger

plugger

Some hard hitting analysis on your part. So Schiff works for a firm called Euro Pacific and this automatically makes him a U.S. market hater? Excellent, I don't think I could have dug out that hard hitting fact.

As for Westbury, I've read and listened to him over the years. To each, their own. Last time I saw him on Kudlow he demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of fractional reserve banking. Shilling was on the same segment and you could just see him holding back the laughter. Even Wayne Angell could hardly contain his laughter.

But again, if you like him, that's all that counts. Good luck.

#26     Jan 22, 2008
  7. Cramer seems to be the type of character that can NEVER say "Look I was wrong". He will always blame it on the Fed, on the banks, on this and on that. Can't admit defeat.

#27     Jan 22, 2008
  8. Covert

Covert

Please read this carefully, Plugger. His words are what we can use to judge him on. He is, in fact, a US Market bear. And that's fine. But don't confuse the facts here. His bias is self serving- he will increase the AUM if he convinces people that he's right.
    As for Westbury, you just said that you've read and listened to him over the years. I don't think you have, but as you said, that's all that counts.

#28     Jan 22, 2008
  9. RL8093

RL8093

Definitely agree with Rick & Art - both are straight shooters w/ no hidden agendas. Schiff is just another permabear who's insights border on the ridiculous.

R

#29     Jan 22, 2008
  10. Thank you, that was beautiful. Possibly the best part of it is Santelli saying no he doesn't watch Cramer's show. ROFLMAO! More people need to not watch his show. Santelli is dead on, Cramer has been a bullshit Bull for months and only after his bank stocks collapsed and his housing stocks collapsed did he change his tune.

#30     Jan 23, 2008