Cramer fires back

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Mr. Market likes humble. If you aren't humble, Mr. Market will grab you by the throat, twist your neck like Joe Homeowner tying off a garbage bag, then he'll grab a table lamp and smash it on the counter, making the edge very ragged. Then, he'll take that table lamp and,.......... well, you know.

and cycle after cycle, another knucklehead says it's different this time. I've got it gamed.

You do your work, you take your edge, you gather in what Mr. Market gives you , you bow, and say thank you. Then, shut up. Try to die in bed of old age.

#11     Nov 13, 2007
  2. cramer is a smart guy. look at all the money he pulls in from tv, books, radio, its the listeners that are dumb.

if you listen to cramer for more than a few weeks without realizing his crappy picks have <50% of going anywhere, then who is the idiot?

also, when terrible picks go wrong, he makes it clear he's in it for the intermediate to long term (hedge funds say this too when they f**k up), nothing new here -

#12     Nov 13, 2007
  3. Retired

Retired

Give Cramer a break. No one gets it right all the time. Not even the top wizard Warren Buffett.

Jim Cramer cranks out trading ideas with his reasons. Learn to pick the good ones, and reject the bad ones.

#13     Nov 13, 2007
  4. Thanks Jim.....ummm, I mean "retired".

:)

#14     Nov 13, 2007
  5. You wanna rag to wipe that off your face? BTW, how much were those knee pads, and did u get them at Menards or Home Depot??

BooYah!! LMAO!

#15     Nov 14, 2007
  6. Retired

Retired

#16     Nov 14, 2007
  7. The general public has been trained to feed on stock tips.

Strange.

#17     Nov 14, 2007
  8. gaj

gaj

so true, so true. said better than most. i tell people if you listen to his general ideas (which are sometimes on his show, but can be read in one of his better books - as opposed to _you got screwed_, an awful after-the-fact book) that's ok. but listening to his specific stock picks is just silly and does not outperform the general market.

so there's a whole primer on how to learn when he has good ones? wow.

i prefer to look at his action alerts portfolio for cramer's "acumen", since he usually tells people to get out of their stocks and into the ones in his portfolio. as of last year (i haven't seen its performance this year), the 5+ year performance of his action alerts portfolio was barely above the S&P over the same time frame - and once you factor in costs associated with *buying* the action alerts updates from thestreet.com , unless you had a few million to toss in the account, it underperformed the S&P.

cramer can also - and has - presented well-written, cogent articles on buying and selling the same stock - within hours of each other and NO news happening, both from longer-term, macro point of view.

#19     Nov 14, 2007
  9. But the point is he is terrible at the stock market. His timing is horrible as are his picks.

#20     Nov 14, 2007