Cramer expects gold to be a big theme in 2010

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Debaser82, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Bubblevision never fails to bring its naive retail sheep to the slaughter house.

#11     Feb 5, 2010
  2. In Euro's gold is down a mere 4% from an all time high!:)

#12     Feb 5, 2010
  3. Lethn

Lethn

You actually believe this guy? He was constantly saying wrong things before the recession and now all of a sudden he's completely switched his views? Peter Schiff and Ron Paul were constantly saying this on his very network before him, they were practically screaming it. How very convenient that he's suddenly decided that gold is a good idea now too.

I'm fairly convinced he's nothing more than marketing PR for whatever obscure companies that he works for, either that or he's using his show to his advantage and manipulating people into buying in on the stocks he's selling.

#13     Feb 5, 2010
  4. I guess we see what we want to see.

The SP500 is only down 2% from its 52 week high priced in EUR. Time to load up?

#14     Feb 5, 2010
  5. In this globalized world we have to deal with the consequences of being subject to the behaviour of the local currency versus other major players.

For people in Australia for instance they have seen gold slide a wopping 30% since the highs achieved in early 2009 despite gold reaching new highs in a string of other currencies later on.

If you were British and bought the Nikkei in 2008 you would have been flat despite the stockmarket crash due to the Sterling depreciation versus the Yen.

It's not always so clear to predict which hedge will prove to pay itself out at which point in time but the mechanisms are certainly worth looking at in my opinion.

#15     Feb 5, 2010
  6. How come he never mentioned Gold when it was trading in the 200-300's and the markets sky high?

#16     Feb 5, 2010