Cramer Brings Down Merck

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chewbacca, Aug 19, 2005.

1. dis

dis

Congratulations to the Trial Lawyers of America who stand to pocket billions of dollars previously earmarked for new drugs development and their patron saint the Democratic Party.

#11     Aug 19, 2005
  2. Congrads to Merck execs for destroying billions in sharholder value by peddling shit thats hazardous to your health. The payout may be exessive, but is death an acceptable 'side effect' for a medicine that's suppose to heal?

#12     Aug 19, 2005
  3. Don't be a fool. Millions of people chose to use Vioxx even with its known side effects for better quality of life. And yes, including the remote chance that they die...

Another white-trash jury stickin' it to those mean corporate sum'bitches (who give 'em jobs).

It's just a simple transfer-of-wealth equation anyways:

Big jury verdicts = Lawyer's fees - corporate jobs

Plaintiff's attorney having an orgasm as verdict is read

[​IMG]

#13     Aug 19, 2005
  4. Sell off seems a tad overdone. Look at the tobacco lawsuits for example, and there are way more smokers than people who were potential harmed by Vioxx....MO still trades at $65+.

I see MRK hit some kind of previous support level on daily chart.
    Perhaps it'll whipsaw back up if people think this is just an initial reaction?

#14     Aug 19, 2005
  5. i agree. my motherinlaw says she hasnt had a painfree day since they pulled vioxx from her. she isnt concerned about a chance of a heart attack. she just wants to lose the pain. nothing else works. she is 76 so the slight risk of a heart attack doesnt worry her.

#15     Aug 19, 2005
  6. mhashe

mhashe

Idiot. No wonder neocons love monkeys like you. If you stop watching faux and listening to rush you might grow a brain.

So easy to blame "trial lawyers". I'm sure the plaintiffs and good 'ol boy juries have nothing to do with this. A vast majority of these silly "judgements" are capped and reduced on appeal.

http://tinyurl.com/7mo2j

Anyway, I plan to load up on MRK Call LEAPS between 25 and 28. At that price it'll be so heavily shorted that any good news will make it skyrocket on short covering.

#16     Aug 19, 2005
  7. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

drugs heal???? ha what a joke. Drugs mask disease while harming other areas of the body. The drug makers are there to make drugs to mask disease and to keep you taking them. When was the last time a drug cured something. Polio comes to my mind. There isn't a drug out there that doesn't have a side effect on another part of the body. I feel imho that this is the first of many lawsuits of all the drug companies.

#17     Aug 19, 2005
  8. the word clueless comes to mind. study the history of diseases that killed millions in the past.

#18     Aug 19, 2005
  9. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

your probebly one of the people that feels they need to take some kind of drug everyday to live. I have done the research and with your remark it shows you have a lot to learn about maturity and the drug companys. So instead of making mindless comments to me with no meaning what so ever, why don't you provide proof of your statement. A 253 million verdict made my point.

#19     Aug 19, 2005
  10. I guess that Lipitor hasn't saved any lives, either . . .

:confused:

#20     Aug 19, 2005