Cramer bashing goes mainstream

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hughb, Oct 10, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

It isn't just you guys on the internet anymore. In today's Wall Street Journal on page A9 there is a half page ad from Fox Business with a picture of a Cramer bobblehead and in bold capital letters: "CAN YOU AFFORD TO WATCH CNBC?"

Then it has all the Cramer quotes that you guys have been posting about Bear Stearns is fine, buy Wachovia, time to buy buy buy, etc.

At the bottom of the ad it says, "TUBULENT TIMES CALL FOR A CREDIBLE BUSINESS NETWORK SO ... WOULDN'T YOU RATHER WATCH A BUSINESS NETWORK OWNED BY THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL?"

I've never been a Cramer basher, in fact I like the guy, but it looks like it may be starting to catch up to CNBC. If he starts costing them viewers they'll can him.

2. Cramer is supposed to be entertaining, not informative. :cool:

3. Burn the witch

4. CNBC's big mistake is not his show, which has a carnival sideshow appeal for those who like to be amused by noise and schtick.

CNBC's mistake has been to let him out of his 6p to 7p cage and present him on the rest of the network as something other than the financial carnival geek that he truly is.

As for Fox Business Channel, the few times that I have tried to watch it, I just could not hang in very long.

I find Bloomberg a much better alternative to CNBC, although I pretty much like CNBC, and I have learned when to turn on the sound.

5. He wins either way. He just signed a multi-year contract with CNBC.