Cramer bashers: got the balls to fade his pick of the wk DKS before tues earnings?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Epiphany, Aug 15, 2005.

1. If he was at least right <i>or wrong</i> the vast majority of the time, his picks would be a useful indicator.

As it is, he's around 50/50, which makes him pretty much useless.

#11     Aug 15, 2005
  2. Oh, I see, you're a long term, buy and hold investor.

#12     Aug 15, 2005
  3. Cramer ownz you.

#13     Aug 15, 2005
  4. Actually, I owe... er, excuse me... "owez" Cramer.

#14     Aug 15, 2005
  5. We should have faded his GOOG call into earnings. That would have been gold.

#15     Aug 15, 2005
  6. Not at all. How am I mistaken?

#16     Aug 15, 2005
  7. You said:

"As it is, he's around 50/50, which makes him pretty much useless."

I think trading Cramer's touts on a day hold are much better than 50/50. Further, as far as the either strategy, it would be impossible to manage every one of his picks for buy/hold or daytrade.

That said, I have done particularly well for my long term account on the picks that he keeps harping on and on about: SHLD, UNH, CBH, XEC, MOT, CHK among others.

#17     Aug 15, 2005
  8. liulala

liulala

Haha, MOT also becomes my long term holding after Cramer recommended. This big tech rocks.

#18     Aug 15, 2005
  9. tomcole

tomcole

Funny, how much y'all hear what you want to hear. Cramer ALWAYS says you should listen and then do your homework - not invest blindly. Of course the Cramer bashers are upset, they didnt have a clue what they were trading, entered on a whim and now dont know when to get out because no one tells them.

Seems like the bashers want Cramer to write them checks everyday and when he doesnt they get all upset.

#19     Aug 16, 2005
  10. What was odd was that he said to make sure not to use a market order and to use a limit order instead. I was under the impression that you couldn't even do market orders after-hours or pre-market.

Anyway, DKS is down 7% PM after guiding lower.

#20     Aug 16, 2005