Cramer at Harvard...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Feb 1, 2006.

1. CONR

CONR

You mean like CPST @ $5.75 and your stop at $4.60.

#11     Feb 1, 2006
  2. nassau

nassau

Have to agree with you there, if you notice the moment he mentioned bkhm it gapped and ran 2dollars..
    I have noticed almost all of stocks spike and then retract..over a very short period of time...in some cases over 100percent
    I also noticed he recommends so many stocks to buy at their highs or close...examples are mrvl,brcm,ati..some of these stocks have never seen these prices and I am guessing if the stock drops they are told to buy more..
    fool and his/her money are soon parted...
    Wonder if they realize how many times he or his group are/could be on the other side of this zero sum game..
    What I found interesting is that most of the stocks the kids mentioned were very expensive.
    I give him credit for stating it is 50/50 luck -skill

You have to hope that one does use only mad or throw away money..I understand that gambling is also a problem in Schools now adays if not kept in check ?

would be different if Cramer had the student body have a small fund and they work it collectively as done in some high schools to ensure lesson are learnt and to get a true picture of both sides of the coin.
    Have come to learn that good money can be made following his picks for quick longs and shorts for additional day trades as he obviously has a large following
    w

#12     Feb 1, 2006
  3. nassau

nassau

You might find it interesting to follow his stock picks for a week or two. You will notice almost all do as he predicts...even if for a short period.
    what I find also interesting is that as soon as he states a stock you will notice the Island bid/ask gap
    in a lot of cases it will gap more than a dollar on a few hundred/thousand shares. any one buying/selling or shorting do so at a premium....? market markers watching cramer??

as some on et state easy money if you follow him

w

#13     Feb 1, 2006

4. you guys may find this interesting. we are running software that tracks cramer and his calls:

http://www.yourika.com/tymAlertsMadMoney.html

http://www.yourika.com/MadMoneyCharts.html

enjoy,

surfer

#14     Feb 1, 2006
  5. I don't like how the American education system is set up. It seem's the only way you can get a high paying job in most sectors is to attend a top U like harvard, which is way out of the price range of most families. Only the rich can get even more rich :confused:

#15     Feb 1, 2006
  6. nassau

nassau

#16     Feb 1, 2006
  7. Htrader

Htrader Guest

A Harvard education is completely free for families making under $40,000 a year. All you have to do is get in, something none of the bashers in this thread could dream of accomplishing.

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/daily/0402/28-finaid.html

#17     Feb 1, 2006
  8. #18     Feb 1, 2006
  9. I stand corrected :)

#19     Feb 1, 2006
  10. Actually most ivy league schools have so much money that every student regardless of background could attend for free, forever. As long as the endowment returns what it has been 9% or so, this could continue, and might even happen.

Notre Dame makes so much off its royalties and tv fees for its football team, that the entire school could go for free and the faculty be paid by this one asset. But I guess if you get 30,000 at a game its feasible.

#20     Feb 1, 2006