Cramer and UNH

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 10, 2006.

1. nbix cramered -30 points today.

Dated 1/13/2006 this is what Cramer said I GAVE YOU THE DRUGS FOR BOOZE. NOW, I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU THE DRUGS FOR SLEEP. MAYBE SEPRACOR (SEPR) THE STOCK DIDN'T DO TOO WELL IN 2005, BUT LUNESTA HAS BEEN GREAT FOR SEPRACOR THE COMPANY. I THINK THAT'S ABOUT TO CHANGE. I THINK THIS BUTTERFLY IS ABOUT TO GET ITS WINGS PINNED. THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN FOR SLEEP DRUGS. NEUROCRINE BIOSCIENCES (NBIX) IS GOING TO WIN THE 2006 SLEEP WARS. I THINK THEY'RE GOING TO KNOCK OUT LUNESTA. THEY'LL MAKE AMBIEN SLEEP WITH THE FISHES. AND HOPEFULLY, IF YOU'RE SMART, NBIX'S NEW SLEEP DRUG COULD MAKE YOU SOME REAL MAD MOOLAH. I THINK NBIX IS GOING TO BECOME KING OF THE HILL IN THE SLEEP MARKET. HERE'S THE STORY: NBIX IS WAITING FOR APPROVAL OF THEIR NEW, BEST-IN-CLASS SLEEP DRUG CALLED 'INDIPION'; THEY EXPECT IT BY THE END OF THE FIRST QTR. 2006. WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE. I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY THE STOCK BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

#11     May 16, 2006

2. he really is a scam-o-rama. the best thing i ever learned from him was to go to investors business daily. i don't even listen to him anymore. he is just a hyped salesman. he is always recommending stocks that go up or down in the short run, then tank over the course of several weeks. rarely does he have a real winner. you can do so much better with ibd. i don't trust cramer's picks, but i trust ibd's picks. i'm just sorry for all the folks who blindly follow his crappy selections.

#12     May 16, 2006
  3. I wonder what the College kids on the back to school tour are going to think of him..2...5..years from now?.

#13     May 16, 2006
  4. he's the new motley fool

just needs a hat with jingle bells

I just wonder if he buys a 100 shares at the top when his buddies are shorting, does he have a fortune in the hedge fund that owns half his tscm, and they don't have report anything, so hes really short

Its amazing how many people will buy what he recommends without checking for themselves where the stock is according to the trend

#14     May 16, 2006
  5. Babak

Babak

Bingo. Anyone remember the insane rants he would go on against Reg FD on TSCM?

#15     May 16, 2006
  6. Those people are not traders..not REAL traders anyway. All that dumb money deserves to get lost if they're too greedy/ lazy to spend 5 minutes in font of a chart to see its trend. Cramer says "buy and homework"..I'm not defending cramer, but people should know what they're buying.....at least I do when I put 1000's of dollars into a trade, but thats just me.

- nathan

#16     May 16, 2006
  7. Agreed. However, if you have even a slight clue on how to trade, Cramer is another source of information. One of the phrases I remember from way back describing the pro vs. retail and/or wannabe is "slaughter of the lambs."

If the Cramerites are buying and the stock "Cramers" a week or month later, on a routine basis, to me it looks like money to be made. What I really like is when Cramer touts a stock I've already researched and have pulled the trigger. BTW, why he missed ERS when it sat there on the top of IBD's Top 100 list for weeks is beyond me. 21 to 60 to 27 with a few hiccups in between, in about 10 weeks.

#17     May 16, 2006

8. bah, big deal, just a tiny 60%+ loss if u bot nbix ystdy..u can recover that in no time followin his calls, innit[?]

r0r, :p

#18     May 16, 2006