Cramer and Financials

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by timetotrade, Jan 11, 2008.

1. IcyTrade

IcyTrade

wow great post... where did you get that info?

#11     Jan 13, 2008
  2. GSH1976

GSH1976

I found the information on his old picks at www.cramerproject.com.

We should all have the utmost respect for Cramer because he has a lot of money. That was the argument made my a few around here recently. Pathetic.

Generating nice returns is not difficult when you are fed inside information or allowed to use the media (CNBC) to manipulate the market in your favor. Maria B. was quick to report any rumor Cramer told her.

There are many Wall Street pundits that I despise but Cramer is in a class all by himself. Everybody has seen his infamous article from early 2000 where he recommended ten stocks and seven of the companies are no longer in business. However, he has claimed several times that his best year ever was 2,000 because he was shorting the market. That is ironic since he was bullish on technology all the way down to 1,700. The old articles don't lie.

Cramer has a habit of making terrible picks and then switching to the other side and claiming to have been there all along.

The below article is typical Cramer.

Cramer: Countrywide Still Looks Like a Buy
    By Jim Cramer
    RealMoney.com Columnist
    2/6/2007 3:19 PM EST

The conundrum of Countrywide going up even as another subprime dealer, Mortgage Lenders Network, goes under, may be answered by a simple tenet: The weak hands are going under, leaving the biggest and best to triumph.

When I pulled up with Angelo Mozilo, the man who built Countrywide -- the man who is Countrywide, some would say -- we joked about how strong Countrywide's business is because it has always "modeled" the bad loans better than anyone. One of the mistakes made by the analyst community is believing that any loans that go under could be death to a lender. In truth, the good ones model what will happen under a lot of scenarios, and it is pretty clear that Countrywide has the best models. Always has.

When the company's stock got bid up on takeover rumors, despite insider selling, I expected it to come right back down.

It didn't because what's really happening is the long-awaited shakeout. There have been too many crummy players in this business. You are seeing the small ones go under -- and some larger private ones, too. What you aren't seeing is the pullback in the major brokerages' business that is emblematic of a recognition that the margins got too bad in the subprimers that they bought to get the flow for mortgage back. You heard this if you listened closely on all the big brokers' conference calls.

If the brokers are pulling back and the smaller independents are going belly up, that leaves Countrywide to reap the benefits of the inevitable expansion in margin that comes from the end of the price wars for subprime.

That's why it is going up. That's why it will continue to go up. That's why Countrywide is still a buy, despite the problems in housing and the headlines about how bad this business is.

#12     Jan 13, 2008
  3. mr bag

mr bag

Cramer is a complete fuckstick. If u don't know that by now then u have no business trading or even being on these boards.

#13     Jan 13, 2008

4. nice call so far huh?

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. Financials are bullish. Great, cheap prices for CFC. Did anyone forget about when adjustable or subprime mortgages resets peak? He should not even be mentioned on this forum.

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. #17     Jan 15, 2008
  7. You rule Cramer...lol:D

#18     Jan 22, 2008