cramer 2007 pick(s)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Just pointing out those salient facts you always avoid.
    No, actually RIGHT, by his rules he can't put in a stop. And that fact is germane to the 24.5% you complain about.
    "He chose not to." Exactly. And you have to take that into consideration. Whether he believes in them or not is immaterial. The fact is, a five day trading ban and one month mandatory hold would seriously hamper any money manager. "He didn't have to," so goes your "argument." But he did and the 24.5% results are most likely less then they would have been otherwise.
    "shut up my ass, and do the research?" LOL! Where did I ever print my beliefs about believing or not believing Cramer "doesn't believe in stops?" I believe the belief system of your ass has got an unbelievable problem.
    And after analyzing the restrictions, I think his performance is hampered by those restrictions. And he still beat the majority of fund managers that were not burdened by those restrictions.

#51     Jan 23, 2007
  2. busker

busker

Anyone noticed if Cramer ever mentioned PGLA?
    At times it looks and behaves like one of his picks.
    Just have a look at that chart and recent price action.

After that spike in December I did some research of Progen.
    The company has merits and potential as its PI-88 cancer drug is going into PhaseIII trials, much at the encouragement of the FDA.

Apparently PI-88 is much similar to DNA’s Avastin, but with additional qualities.
    Could this be the next Avastin?
    …..and is PGLA a 10 bagger from here?

Very strong demand and share price action on ASX - PGL.AX

:D

#52     Jan 23, 2007
  3. Danulous

Danulous

does cramer really have the power to make a stock triple??? def not. that chart is nuts.

#53     Jan 23, 2007
  4. gaj

gaj

max, you avoided my question:

HAVE you read cramer's book, _confessions_?

yes or no.

the rest of it: sure, IF cramer did X or did Y, MAYBE he'd be better. maybe not. who knows? who cares?

it's one line, 5 years: cramer's record, 24+%. s&p 22%.

#54     Jan 23, 2007
  5. No.
    But even with the restrictive trading, he still beat the majority of fund managers.
    Apparently, you do. You whine about it enough.

#55     Jan 23, 2007
  6. gaj

gaj

thank you for your response. you might want to read his book - in addition to it being a good book, it provided the impetus for a bona-fide way to make money fading cramer.

my 'who knows? who cares' was about how to 'fix' cramer's bad stuff.

since you successfully (?) elicited anger from me, i won't see any more responses from you. unless a sock-puppet quotes you or something like that.

but i will keep educating others who think cramer's a magic stock guru. and all i have to do is point to his actual record since he started his action alerts portfolio, outside the fund: (approximately) 5 year record, +24%, s&p +22.

#56     Jan 23, 2007
  7. No one can make one feel anger, it's up to you how you feel. In any event, I'm not too broken up about it.

Be sure to include the restraints Cramer has put on his trading and also that he beats, consistently, the majority of money managers.

#57     Jan 23, 2007