Craig Baxam, ex-Army intelligence expert, nabbed in bid to join Al Qaeda affilliate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Yep, from UCMJ, as I remembered it as well.

"“(1) Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any entity described in paragraph (2), either directly or indirectly, anything described in paragraph (3) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, except that if the accused is found guilty of an offense that directly concerns (A) nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large scale attack, (B) war plans, (C) communications intelligence or cryptographic information, or (D) any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy, the accused shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct."

c

#11     Jan 10, 2012
  2. I hear you but life in a supermax cell is the closest thing to "cruel and unusual punishment" we allow and much better justice than a quick and painless death IMO.

#12     Jan 10, 2012
  3. I live in Illinois, we have two superjails here. Pontiac and Marion. I almost went to work at Pontiac. It costs a ridiculous amount of money to house a prisoner in a superjail.

No, we convict him. On television, make damned sure that everyone everywhere knows he is going to die and why he is going to die, can carry out the law as prescribed by the UCMJ, as c as already posted. Certain MOS categories are subject to UCMJ even after discharge, as they can be called back, as you know.

#13     Jan 10, 2012
  4. Think about it 6, for every one of these scum, how many troops have been killed or wounded. How many civilians in the theatre get killed.

OBL, can easily be said to be responsible for a million deaths alone. Why? He was a former asset, and a formidable one, that we had to spend billions of dollars and countless lives to hunt down. He and his men received Ranger training and tactics. Did you know that?

Pinochet, Noriega, both from the School.

We have to send a message, in my mind. That's all I am saying.

#14     Jan 10, 2012
  5. Fair enough. But personally, I'd rather be tortured (for a short time :p) and beheaded than sentenced to life in a supermax cell. Which BTW I'm happy to pay taxes to support because some people just deserve the very best.

#15     Jan 10, 2012
  6. No I didn't. Where/when/how did they get Ranger training?

We really took our eye off the ball on that one... should have made him and his ilk the priority and not a sideshow to Iraq which shouldn't have happened in the first place.

#16     Jan 10, 2012