Cracks in Zionism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WAEL012000, Jul 24, 2007.

1. July 17, 2007
    Cracks in Zionism

by Charley Reese
    One of the myths created by the Israeli lobby is that Jews around the world are unanimous in their support of Israel, regardless of what it does. That's not true and never has been true.

Modern political Zionism, whose ideology demands a Jewish state with a Jewish majority, was invented by an Austrian journalist and for decades struggled desperately. It wasn't God who created the modern state of Israel. It was British colonialism, the U.S., the Soviet Union, and Zionists.

Only about a third of the world's Jews choose to live in Israel, despite nearly a century of efforts to persuade Jews to immigrate. There were many early Jewish critics of Zionism, and there still are, despite modern Zionists adopting fascist tactics to silence debate.

Joel Beinin, a Jewish liberal who has been on the receiving end of the campaign to silence critics of Israel, had this to say in a recent article reprinted on Znet:

"Organizations claiming to represent American Jews engage in a systematic campaign of defamation, censorship and hate-mongering to silence criticism of Israeli policies. They hollow the ethical core out of the Jewish tradition, acting instead as if the highest purpose of being Jewish is to defend Israel, right or wrong.

"Why discredit, defame and silence those with opposing viewpoints? I believe it is because the Zionist lobby knows it cannot win based on facts. An honest discussion can only lead to one conclusion: The status quo in which Israel declares it alone has rights and intends to impose its will on the weaker Palestinians, stripping them permanently of their land, resources and rights, cannot lead to a lasting peace.

"We need an open debate and the freedom to discuss uncomfortable facts and explore a full range of policy options. Only then can we adopt a foreign policy that serves American interests."

Avigail Abarbanel, a native-born Israeli Jew who lived there 27 years before emigrating, has even harsher words:

"Palestinian citizens of Israel live under an arbitrary and brutal police state. Their dealings with Israeli bureaucracy are not just frustrating but can be outright dangerous.

"The Palestinians in the Occupied Territories live under a Pinochet-like regime. They can and do disappear in the middle of the night. They are blindfolded, cuffed, beaten, humiliated, taken to unknown locations with no information given to them or their families, tortured physically and psychologically and incarcerated indefinitely, often without charges and regardless of whether they are guilty of anything..

"Israel is not a nice country. It is a powerful police state founded on pathological paranoia with only a veneer of civility, carefully crafted and maintained for the consumption of those who still believe in the myth of Israeli democracy."[/color][/b]

You might want to send that paragraph to the next politician you hear repeating AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) propaganda that "Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East."

Abarbanel is a psychotherapist, and her article appeared on the Web site ElectronicIntifada. net, which I highly recommend as a source of information about the Middle East.

America badly needs an open and frank debate, based on facts, with no name-calling. Our politicians are as timid as an introverted baby when it comes to Israel. The Israeli lobby likes to boast about defeating candidates who don't toe the Israel-right- or-wrong line. As a tip to the not-completely- gutless politicians, the way to handle that is to make AIPAC an issue in the campaign.

A group of Zionist leaders is meeting in Israel as I write this, worrying about an increase in criticism of them for stifling debate. They are not invincible. They can't silence any American unless the American succumbs to fear of being called names, and I learned as a child that sticks and stones can break bones, but words can't hurt you.

2. YNET News
    Like the worst nations
    Israeli actions in Territories corrupt Zionist dream, no better than Apartheid
    Yoram Kaniuk Published: 12.25.06, 09:20

Where is our justice going? It's being trampled on. It's getting lost.

A man whose only crime was to illegally enter Israel heard in prison that his young daughter was killed by the IDF. He asked to see her for the last time. He wasn't allowed to attend the funeral.

When President Carter, who was never a friend of Israel, writes that what we are doing in the Territories is similar to Apartheid, everyone cries out in protest. Yet he wasn't far off from reality: Our behavior is worse than that prevalent in South Africa at the time. It's unpleasant to say this, but this is the way it is.

Ever since the days of Mofaz as army chief and defense minister, the order is to abuse, kill, humiliate. The roadblocks are not between the Palestinians and Israel, but rather, aimed at making their life difficult. A 15-year-old boy was arrested and held in custody for several months without trial. After that, they just released him. Left him without a penny in his pocket near a roadblock in the middle of the night. Officers are serving as judges and they create gross injustice.

I haven't been a leftist for years, because I don't believe the Arabs would ever agree to share this country with us, and I believe in the Jews' right to a national home and a state in our historic homeland. Yet what we've been doing with this dream borders on the criminal.

Who will protect us Jews who think we're right, a virtual defense minister with a real mustache? A cowardly army chief who doesn’t know how to lose honorably after he screwed up a war and was beaten by Hizbullah? Where's the prime minister? Do the ministers even know what my daughter and her friends see every day? The kind of injustice we're creating there?

The killing. The hatred. The beatings. The humiliations. What will all this bring? Will we have fewer Qassam rocket attacks? Will there will be no more terror attacks if an elderly woman cannot reach the hospital?

Ashamed of country I helped create
    We've become a violent, heartless society. We're killed at crosswalks because no car driven by an Israeli would allow someone limping with a walking stick to cross the road. What has happened to us?

After all, back then when I was a youngster we had to establish a state. We had no weapons, and we were hungry. We fought every night with toothpicks stuck in our eyes so we wouldn't fall asleep. Yet we established a country. Today I'm ashamed of the country that I helped create as a soldier. Jewish rabbis are sanctifying injustice and ugliness and the killing of innocent people. Our young men enjoy shooting every Arab who passes by simply because they're bored.

Yes, I still stick to my tragic belief that only a Jewish state would solve the Jewish tragedy and that there's no chance for two states for two people, but this is why we need wisdom, reason, restrained force, and not just mere killings, shame, a walking nightmare and a cold heart.

Our intelligent young people are leaving the country. For most of them the reality they see is a harsh one. Those who remain here are violent and indifferent, yet we, who do not wish to renounce the Zionist dream, see how with every passing day it becomes more wicked and cruel.

In the festival of wickedness we're playing, we disappoint those who contiued to dream when the situation was bad and dangerous. Such a situation may return. We have a history that dates back 2,000 years. Perhaps it will become dangerous again, and Jews will be killed, but this time there will be no more idiots like ourselves who will establish a state for those who behave like a herd of monsters.

3. paging dddoo at the AIPAC.....

4. He is attending an AIPAC workshop on how to distort history and use the anti Semitic tool to silence any opposition.

5. Nah, your posts are boring, you've started a thousand absolutely identical and absurd threads during your Jihad. You're damaged goods and a broken record, no one takes you seriously and gives a damn about the rambling screeds you [re]post here. But by all means keep trying, that's certainly better than blowing up innocent civilians in malls and pizza parlors or invading neighboring peace-loving democracies.

Your attempts to bump your threads that no one reads and responds to are noted though. This is truly pathetic.:D :p :eek:

6. LOL...You are so funny dddooo.

Bump my thread??? Buddy, why would I want to do that when you and your fascist nation commit war crimes on daily bases. All I have to do is expose it!!

There are new realities dddooo. Deal with it!
    Your zionist ideology is on its last breath and you are panicking. That is why you dropped all of your masks and you are now using the same exact tactics used by Hitler in his last days,

No dddooo...You did not answer this thread because it was made by Jews condemning your fascist ideology. These people expose you from within as the filthy liar you are. You cannot counter them, like you counter me and others, because they either came from the inner circle of your state or Jews who feel more threatened by you than I do.

In regard to not giving a damn about me...please do me a favor and put me on ignore.

Salam ya khara

:D :D :D