CQG's trade platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by r-in, Apr 13, 2005.

1. I think CQG is around $600 a month. But there are a number of brokers that offer the platform to their clients. What the conditions are I don't know.http://www.cqg.com/Electronic-Trading/Trade-with-FCM-Partners.aspx
    I don't know what Reuters product you are using (3000, Reuters Trader etc.). I had a Reuters terminal in my apartment for 10 years up until 2 or 3 years ago. When I started using it their charting was the best available anywhere. But over the years they made only very minor improvements to where it is now light years behind the others. I'm talking about their premium charting. The Athena charts that they use in their less costly products is nothing more than a toy.
    I once took a CQG demo If you are interested in CQG mainly for the charting, I would question if it is worth the price given what you could get from others vendors, or a number of vendors all together, for much less. I understand that their data is quite dependable.

Hope this helps.

#71     Sep 13, 2008
  2. NAVEEVIa

NAVEEVIa

I have 5 symbols enabled for CQG demo trader but i want 5 of my choice.
    I had a chat with CQG support, they said its not possible to change the symbols. I dont see why can anyone help me.

#72     Oct 6, 2009
  3. They essentially disabled those ones that are most useful for those using the demo... such as ZB, etc..that's their philosophy: you're on the demo to know how the platform works, not to access to their DOM.

#73     Oct 6, 2009
  4. NAVEEVIa

NAVEEVIa

I did not fully understand you here, i can access DOm of many instruments but when i try to demo trade it says not tradeable.
    I do have the access to DOM of most instruments.

Edit: i think it has something to do with exchange, i am able to see full dom for all instruments of CBOT & CME

#74     Oct 6, 2009
  5. Clearly now I'm wrong: probably they changed the kind of limitation from the DOM access to the tradable status of an instrument via the demo.

#75     Oct 6, 2009
  6. yshterk

yshterk

Naveevi, you are looking at CQG Integrated client - all of the data you pay for is enabled already (including DOM). In order to demo the trading part of the platform please call your CQG support and ask to get you access to simulation account (not demo). They will be able to help you. If not send me a PM and I will get you some help.

#76     Oct 6, 2009
  7. yshterk

yshterk

No, the policies on CQGTrader still stay the same. CQG tries to adhere to exchange rules (unlike some other vendors) and do not give away real time data to non trading customers.

#77     Oct 6, 2009