CQG's trade platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by r-in, Apr 13, 2005.

1. No. The FCM who clears your trades must pay CQG $1500 per month as a firm to maintain connectivity with CQG.

#41     Sep 30, 2007
  2. twinx

twinx

You had the CQG Tarder, right? I am interested in the API, did you had this option? Is it an extra feature? If you want the API it doesn't matter whether which plattform is used?...
    # CQG Integrated Client or
    # CQG Trader
    I will try next week a demo an call CQG.

Edit: Now I red at http://www.cqg.com/Products/CQG-API.aspx
    "API users must be enabled for CQG API data and must be logged into CQG Integrated Client while using API interfaces. " Does it meant, CQG Trader has no API?
    I understood it like this, but was not sure. Thanks.

#42     Sep 30, 2007
  3. yshterk

yshterk

CQGTrader doesn't have the API, but CQG Integrated client does. CQG IC API gives you access to real time data from all exchanges you're enabled for, historical data, analytics (including trade systems and custom studies) and trading abilities. Price for API depends on your specific needs.

#43     Sep 30, 2007
  4. yshterk

yshterk

This is true for the CQGTrader platform. CQG integrated client gets Trade Routing capabilities for free. Really, no cost to anyone as long as you own the CQG charting package.
    Don't worry about FCM costs, this cost is not to the end users/traders.

#44     Sep 30, 2007
  5. My 2 cents:
    CQG Trader: Flat fee of $295.00/month
    The above fee includes order routing, but you have to pay the FCM for clearing. Compared to other free platforms like Pats, CQG costs more.

#45     Oct 1, 2007
  6. twinx

twinx

And what about Foreign Exchange:
    " With CQG, you don't see just market indications; you see the bid, ask, and traded price on all major EBS currency pairs.
    EBS provided by CQG
    * EBS is the leading broker of interbank spot forex transactions
    * EBS provides access to the most accurate foreign exchange data available
    * EBS is the premier source of liquidity in EUR, JPY, USD, and CHF spot rates.
    * With EBS, traders have access to Bid, Ask, and Last Traded Price data.
    * CQG's EBS offering includes historical data from 2000 until now."

http://www.cqg.com/Market-Data/Markets-Covered/Foreign-Exchange.aspx

Only data or also trading EBS?
    What to pay, what to do, to get EBS by CQG?

Most of the CQG's FCM Partners dont show that there offer CQG! It is a little bit toilsome...

#46     Oct 1, 2007
  7. yshterk

yshterk

EBS is only quotes so far. Traiding will be coming soon. Not only EBS but other FX markets will be covered by platform.

#47     Oct 1, 2007
  8. twinx

twinx

I asked:
    What to pay, what to do, to get EBS "quotes" by CQG?
    It takes a lot of time to go through your FCM Partners... The most of them dont show if they offer CQG or not!

Exuse me, but you are a little bit chary with practical information... also the guys who unswers the emails by CQG.

#48     Oct 2, 2007
  9. yshterk

yshterk

Twinx,
    You have to be CQG Customer to get EBS data, first of all. Any CQG customer may be enabled for EBS, so, as long as you have valid CQG subscription you should be fine. For the specific pricing info for this or any other data source call CQG Account Manager or customer support, they will give you exact number. I don't know it but they will be able to give it to you. 1-800-525-1085

On trading - all FCMs that are listed on CQG's web site (http://www.cqg.com/Electronic-Trading/Trade-with-FCM-Partners.aspx) are supporting CQG front ends for trading. Just call them and ask to enable you to trade via CQG. If you run into brick wall call CQG support with specific FCM name and they will be able to help you.

What additional information do you need? I'll try to do what I can to find it for you.

#49     Oct 3, 2007
  10. twinx

twinx

Thanks

Hello,

two questions about CQG Trader.

I have a demo at the time an problem to "Entering Symbols for Spreads".

The userguide says:
    USAR1 translates as:
    USA = Symbol/Instrument
    R = Indicates this is a spread
    1 = Indicates the number of months after the first leg the second leg will be executed.

But in the DOMTrader I get the messages:
    - "Resolution of "ZOR1" timed out"
    - "ZOR1 could not be resolved"

It's possible to do spreads with e.g 4 legs (baskets), or intermarket?

Thanks

#50     Jan 18, 2008