CQG troubles

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cafeole, Jul 12, 2021.

1. cafeole

cafeole

Fortunately I am just using sim to test a new strategy. However, this makes me
    wonder if I should go with Rithmic.

On 6/21/2021:

CQG is reporting a Margin Calculation Issue across all FCMs/Brokers.

This CQG issue is where previously working or filled orders may contribute to margin calculations on new orders, leading to an incorrect margin calculation, thus causing rejection of order due to insufficient margin (because it is still calculating margin requirement for old orders/positions).

We recommend you do NOT place any new orders until this issue is resolved by CQG.

On 7/12/2021

CQG - Synthetic Order Manager (SOM) is Down

CQG Synthetic order system (SOM) is currently down. That would be any order types not accepted by the exchange natively will not be accepted by CQG.

This means...NO OCO orders.

2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Depends on what you trade, style of trade and platform needs, certain platforms may be better than others for you.

CQG is one of the top and communicate properly. I have seen all platforms/ data feeds experience issues at times.
    Happy to provide insight as I use CQG, Rithmic and 2 other platforms on a daily basis, if interested.

3. cafeole

cafeole

I have no issues with platforms I use. I trade futures daily. It is just that these two issues, within a one month timeframe, could have cost me a lot of money if I had been in a trade when these issues occurred. I was actually in a sim trade (OCO) when I got the notification from AMP that OCO's don't work right now.

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  4. I've been using CQG Data feed for quite a while and for the most part there's been little issues... but likewise, I'm glad I wasn't in a trade at that time.

cafeole likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

What cafeole, one of the first persons to place me on ignore, does not realize, is that for the very few issues CQG has had over the time he has used them as his data provider, OTHER providers may have had many MORE issues over the same time frame.

No CQG issue I have seen has lasted more than a few hours, and usually during a time when people do not normally trade.

The one about Synthetic orders? WhatEVER! Like he uses synthetic future orders the exchange does not support. Uh huh, sure. The one before, about a margin issue? OMG, it lasted for an hour. If you are freaking out about full exchange margin during the day, you are over levered, and will eventually blow out anyway.

SunTrader likes this.
  6. cafeole

cafeole

It is troubling to me that all of a sudden things that have worked for a long time have suddenly quick working. It took CQG from about 9:30am yesterday to 3:00am today to get the OCO orders working.

steve2222 likes this.